Problems with Kubota L3940

/ Problems with Kubota L3940 #1  

WHAT2DO

My L3940, bought new from authorized dealer, has a total of 150 hours on it yet has already spent over a month in the dealer's repair shop. Most recently, the right front wheel fell off. Has anyone experienced similar problems? Anyone know what to do? I am wary of continuing to use it, and this is NOT a tractor that gets hard use. Thanks. Jim Colbert

/ Problems with Kubota L3940 #2  
My L3940, bought new from authorized dealer, has a total of 150 hours on it yet has already spent over a month in the dealer's repair shop. Most recently, the right front wheel fell off. Has anyone experienced similar problems? Anyone know what to do? I am wary of continuing to use it, and this is NOT a tractor that gets hard use. Thanks. Jim Colbert

You may want to tell us what the issues are. The wheel falling off sounds like you never checked the lug torque.

Mine is 3 years old with over 300 hours, some hard use and no trips to the shop.

/ Problems with Kubota L3940 #3  
That is not very common sounds like it worked loose. The L series is a very relaible tractor...

what is it in the shop for????

/ Problems with Kubota L3940 #4  
Very surprising. I just posted about how tough my 3940 is. Be sure you do regular maintanance which includes checking lug nuts, loader bolts, misc. nuts and bolts around the machine, filters, fluids, greasing, etc.
What other issues are you having?
I beat mine pretty hard and she keeps asking for more :eek:

/ Problems with Kubota L3940 #5  
I have an L3830. One day after a lot of dirt moving, I noticed one of the bolts that holds the loader to the tractor was loose. I thought I felt a bump now and again when lifting with the loader. A locknut was not flat, that's how I noticed it. After tightning it down, I checked the rest and several were not tight. So, moral of the story, it's good to go over the tractor now and again with the sockets to check for tightness.