Mowing RCK60-27B MOWER

/ RCK60-27B MOWER #1  

wallyr

I have a B2710 with the 60" mid mount mower and grass catcher. I'm looking for high lift blades for the mower my dealer does not show them. Any one know where I can get a set. I have a lot of pine trees and had high lift blades on my old Kubato and they worked great.

/ RCK60-27B MOWER #2  
Just bought a set of hi-lift blades for our G1900S,it has a 60" deck.These are Kubota blades,and should be the same blade your looking for.I will check and see if I still have the carton the blades came in,might have a part # I can give you.Only difference I can think of would be the size of center hole,the size of the hub on the spindles might be a bit different.

/ RCK60-27B MOWER #3  
Your dealer might not be used to the kubota parts system. The blades you need are part#70722-99020. the price is $7.90 each.

/ RCK60-27B MOWER
The part number you gave me is for the standard blade not the high lift blade. I went to another dealer and he fixed me up. And does it make a difference

/ RCK60-27B MOWER #5  
I've got the same mower, and noticed that the grass was being cut unevenly at the 4" setting. Dropping the mower 1/2" seemed to improve things, but having read this discussion think I'd like to try the high lift blades.
Anyone got the high lift blade part # ?

/ RCK60-27B MOWER
Ian the part number I have is 60250-80280. If you order that blade it should work on the 60" mid mount mower but I would bring in your present blade and the blade mounting bushing to make sure. One other thing if you are cutting at an angle it might be the mower setting the manual shows two settings for the front wheels. One mounting hole runs paralle to the deck (y hole) this is the lower hole as in the manual drawing. The other is at an angle (x hole) but on my mower this is the lower hole on the right side of the mower as you are sitting on the tractor. So look at the gauge wheel shaft height on both sides to make sure they are even then you know that it's set right

/ RCK60-27B MOWER #7  
I wish I would have put both numbers down I got from the parts dept. my mistake. Sorry.

/ RCK60-27B MOWER #8  
Ian,I also like to mow our grass as high as possible,but when you raise your deck up much more than 3 inches,you loose a certain ammount of the vacuum that the tunnel style deck creates.The hi-lift blades will help in lifting up the grass that the front wheels tract down,and provide a cleaner cut,and it seems like the clippings discharge better,but again if the deck is too high,even these blades won't make much difference.

/ RCK60-27B MOWER #9  
wallyr, thanks for the info. I'll have to double check the settings on the gauge wheels and make sure that the set up is right.

Mike R., I'm going to try the high lift blades - the price seems to be reasonable, and having an extra set means that I can put on a sharp set any time, with no delay for sharpening (the vises are better at work, anyhow). /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Besides, even a little better cut at a 4 inch setting would be appreciated.

By the way, I get a lot less scalping using this mower than I did with the mid mount mower on my B7100.