3PH ??

/ 3PH ?? #1  

savedbyzero

Tractor
Kubota L3710
Looking at an L3710...it has the extendable lower arm on the 3PH...I have had no experience with these at all...my other tractor had the older (?) style that you can center and tighten up and the gannon box won't move side to side...this tractor has no adjustment for that...I'm afraid to get close to a building or whatever and have the thing shift over and wipe something out...is there a way to clean up the slop ?
Thanks in advance.

/ 3PH ?? #2  
You should have a set of pins in the telescoping stabilizer arms that keep everything from swaying from side to side. If they are missing, replace them.

/ 3PH ??
The pins are there but there doesn't seem to be the finite adjustment a threaded coupling gives you...am I missing something on the adjustment ?
Thanks again

/ 3PH ?? #4  
Don't use the two slotted positions. You should be able to get the implement centered, get one pin in......... then push on the opposite side and get the second pin in so the lower arms are relatively tight. You shouldn't be getting more than an inch or two in movement out on the end of your boxblade. You are correct, they won't get as tight as the threaded turnbuckles, but they should get tight enough where you aren't getting much movement on your implements.

/ 3PH ??
That makes sense....it sure was nice on the "old" system to get it snug, however.

/ 3PH ?? #6  
In the long run, I think you will like the telescoping stabilizer arms much more than the "turnbuckle" type. Installation of an implement will be so much easier...There are no threads to get rusted and hard to turn...There are enough positions that the pins can be put into that any situation should be covered. I love my telescoping stabilizers.

Jim from NH

/ 3PH ?? #7  
In the long run, I think you will like the telescoping stabilizer arms much more than the "turnbuckle" type. Installation of an implement will be so much easier...There are no threads to get rusted and hard to turn...There are enough positions that the pins can be put into that any situation should be covered. I love my telescoping stabilizers.

Jim from NH

I agree. Even though the holes appear to be spaced an inch or two apart, there is enough variation between the inside and the outside that you can get two holes to line up every quarter inch or so. I usually get a lot more side-to-side movement just from the slop in the implement.

/ 3PH ??
Thanks much for replying...once again a wealth of information from good people...Haven't seen a site like this since the samba.com. or the Turbo Diesel Registry....

/ 3PH ??
OK...so I'm looking at the right side stabilizer arm and I noticed it's a little tweaked, so I take it apart and straigten it...all the while wondern' how it got bent. Once I reinstalled the arm I realized how it happened...the TNT did it. Those stabilizer arms do not articulate like a turnbuckle arm will. So when I tilt the box or whatever to the right the arm does not want to flex down... So I likely will keep bending the darn thing.... anybody else run into this?