Dog chewed wires

/ Dog chewed wires #1  

joeb1kinobe

One of my Weimaraners got obsessive over chasing a small critter that was apparently hiding in the frame of my BX1500. She managed to chew apart several wires. Now the tractor won't start.

The problem is that not all of the iwres were connected. It also appeared that a few of the connections were modified previously.

Any thoughts on how to figure out what connects where?

/ Dog chewed wires #2  
The electrical diagrams in the service manual have color codes for the wires. You might start there.

Jeff

/ Dog chewed wires #3  
Not one of your normal, run-of-the-mill problems to have...

"Well, you see, my Weimaraner was chasing a mouse and...yadda, yadda, yadda...I can't get the wiring on my tractor put back together."

/ Dog chewed wires #4  
You've got to love them don't you? Dogs tear up more stuff, and yet they are so worth it in my opinion. I have several Golden's and would not trade one of them for my tractor.

But darn, can't they just chew on something besides our tractor (and my shoes)?

/ Dog chewed wires #5  
One of my Weimaraners got obsessive over chasing a small critter that was apparently hiding in the frame of my BX1500. She managed to chew apart several wires. Now the tractor won't start.

The problem is that not all of the iwres were connected. It also appeared that a few of the connections were modified previously.

I am sorry Joe, I haven't quite stopped laughing yet. as the proud pack member of a Golden and a Lab I can relate to your problem. I would agree with the wiring diagram approach if it isn't obvious from looking at the mess.

/ Dog chewed wires #6  
HAHA, Not at your problem, but the how..Its a visual i can't get out of my mind...Never seen a dog chew thru a tractor...

Dog ate my homework...
Dog ate my shoe....

But Dog ate my tractor...Classic

Good luck!

/ Dog chewed wires #7  
It also appeared that a few of the connections were modified previously.

How can you tell if it was modified ? I can't imagine anything to be modified on it?:confused:

How about taking some pics and post it here. We probably can help. there a few owners of 1500's here. There shouldn't be much to reconnect just for starting it.

/ Dog chewed wires
I'm not sure that it was modified, but where one black wire exits the front cover, it is clamped to 2 other black wires and then has the heat shrink on it. Could've been oem. Also, there are two light blue wires that look like they had after market style connectors. Maybe they were just "redone" to make a better connection. Either way, I'll be taking my service manual out to work on it after the rain stops.

/ Dog chewed wires #9  
I'm not sure that it was modified, but where one black wire exits the front cover, it is clamped to 2 other black wires and then has the heat shrink on it. Could've been oem. Also, there are two light blue wires that look like they had after market style connectors. Maybe they were just "redone" to make a better connection. Either way, I'll be taking my service manual out to work on it after the rain stops.

Previous owner musta had a dog, too. :D

/ Dog chewed wires
I'll bet the previous owner had a dog. I'm sure the dog didn't change the wires. Probably had a cat do that.