GLOW PLUGS NOT WORKING

/ GLOW PLUGS NOT WORKING #1  

xmoto

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota LA3410, Ford 3400, Gator XUV
I bought a used L3410. This weekend was my first cold morning and the glow plug light didnt come on and tractor wouldnt start. I read in the forums about putting in a solenoid and switch to work the glow plugs manually. Does anyone of a copy of the wiring diagram to help me do this. Thanks

/ GLOW PLUGS NOT WORKING #2  
I don't know that tractor, but they just need power (12 volts). Problem is you could potentially burn them out in as little as 5 to 10 seconds without a glow plug controller. The simple controllers are just a resistor to knock the voltage down. You could try applying 12 VDC to the glow plugs (usually a bank of them ganged together) for about 5 seconds. If the tractor doesn't start, WAIT AT LEAST A MINUTE before powering the plugs again and do it for less time each time. If you really want to understand the plugs real well, take one out and power it out of the tractor. CAUTION, Plugs will reach 1600 to 2000 degrees F. I don't recommend these tests unless you have some experience with electricity (and good health insurance). Try this at your own risk!

Might be a better idea to troubleshoot the problem and buy official replacement parts!

/ GLOW PLUGS NOT WORKING
It was the glow plug controller.

/ GLOW PLUGS NOT WORKING #4  
So much easier than I the stuff I said, eh?

I've got to get my block heater installed on my B6100. Winter be coming.