My B2920 Light Project

/ My B2920 Light Project #1  

jambx

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB, ZD21-60P, 1949 US Baird Beaver
Yes another light thread but I felt I had to show it off since I scoured this site and used the search tool to death to get ideas on how I may tackle my light project on my new B2920.

I used these lights from my BX22 days I felt duals both pointing front and back were a priority. Also when I plow my driveway in the winter I like to use a strobe on the top of the ROPS as I live on a main road and at times find myself in the line of fire so to speak so any advantage my lights give to warn drivers I am out there is always a plus.

When I ordered my 2920 I had them install the high cap alternator so getting juice was not going to be a problem however I felt adding relays to the main lights was prudent so I went with two standard bosch relay one can get at any automotive store.

Wiring was easy since you guys pointed me to the leads under the rear fender. These came on with the ignition so it was a no brainer. Used wire wrap to make it look very clean - almost like it came from the factory!

My lights were the run of the mill flood light from Northern tool (~$15) and was just recenlty given a bunch of LED lights (these were potted in a block of plastic) from a friend who works in the light business - when I hooked them up I was shocked to see just how bright these things were and used so little a draw. So I said what the heck lets use them! And mounted these on the angled piece of steel off the lower part of the ROPS next to the rear turning lights my thinking here is since I plow perpendicular to the street the angle would give a noticeable effect to approaching traffic.

As for mounting location of the main floods I like using the ROPS since it offers a clear unobstructed view both front and rear and the idea of using the stake pockets (purchased mine from Tractor Supply for a few dollars) to mount them works like a charm. A little rustoleum and you have yourself a low cost light assembly!

When it came to the switch location I was all set to use the dash itself right next to the hazard switch but the idea of drilling into the dash turned my stomach so I opted for the dummy panel besides the driver where the rear remotes are suppose to go.

Over all I am very happy with the install. The light switch assemble really came out nice and neat (got to love the rubber covers), the flood lights flood the front and rear exceptionally well, the LEDs are blinding and when I have the strobe flashing it all looks like I am about to take off!

Thanks to all those that posted in the past you help me with this project!

Attachments

• DSCN0210.jpg
    DSCN0210.jpg
    910.2 KB · Views: 2,550
  • DSCN0278.jpg
    DSCN0278.jpg
    760 KB · Views: 2,429
  • DSCN0283.jpg
    DSCN0283.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 1,047
  • DSCN0346.jpg
    DSCN0346.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 1,936
  • DSCN0347.jpg
    DSCN0347.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 1,359
  • DSCN0351.jpg
    DSCN0351.jpg
    637 KB · Views: 1,777
  • DSCN0357.JPG
    DSCN0357.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 1,739
  • DSCN0348.jpg
    DSCN0348.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 1,933
  • DSCN0276.jpg
    DSCN0276.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 2,296
Last edited:
   / My B2920 Light Project #2  
That is a really nice install! I would be interested in seeing some nighttime snow plow pics to see how well those LEDs light up the front and back when you are plowing.

It looks like a factory install, great job!

/ My B2920 Light Project #3  
( about to take off ) To funny! Looks good are those LEDs white or red? Night pictures would be great....:D

/ My B2920 Light Project
The LEDs are RED although I also was given some Green ones (thought the red was more fitting). I'll take some night shots and post then - as for some snow plow pics I am doing the snow dance as we speak :p

/ My B2920 Light Project #5  
Good deal, similar to what I've got to do, but I've got a canopy to work with. I'm hoping someone posts a nice picture of the wire leads under the fender and how they're up there.

So that's the panel the rear remotes go?

/ My B2920 Light Project #6  
Did you fab the straight piece or did you find it at TSC also?

Yes another light thread but I felt I had to show it off since I scoured this site and used the search tool to death to get ideas on how I may tackle my light project on my new B2920.

I used these lights from my BX22 days I felt duals both pointing front and back were a priority. Also when I plow my driveway in the winter I like to use a strobe on the top of the ROPS as I live on a main road and at times find myself in the line of fire so to speak so any advantage my lights give to warn drivers I am out there is always a plus.

When I ordered my 2920 I had them install the high cap alternator so getting juice was not going to be a problem however I felt adding relays to the main lights was prudent so I went with two standard bosch relay one can get at any automotive store.

Wiring was easy since you guys pointed me to the leads under the rear fender. These came on with the ignition so it was a no brainer. Used wire wrap to make it look very clean - almost like it came from the factory!

My lights were the run of the mill flood light from Northern tool (~$15) and was just recenlty given a bunch of LED lights (these were potted in a block of plastic) from a friend who works in the light business - when I hooked them up I was shocked to see just how bright these things were and used so little a draw. So I said what the heck lets use them! And mounted these on the angled piece of steel off the lower part of the ROPS next to the rear turning lights my thinking here is since I plow perpendicular to the street the angle would give a noticeable effect to approaching traffic.

As for mounting location of the main floods I like using the ROPS since it offers a clear unobstructed view both front and rear and the idea of using the stake pockets (purchased mine from Tractor Supply for a few dollars) to mount them works like a charm. A little rustoleum and you have yourself a low cost light assembly!

When it came to the switch location I was all set to use the dash itself right next to the hazard switch but the idea of drilling into the dash turned my stomach so I opted for the dummy panel besides the driver where the rear remotes are suppose to go.

Over all I am very happy with the install. The light switch assemble really came out nice and neat (got to love the rubber covers), the flood lights flood the front and rear exceptionally well, the LEDs are blinding and when I have the strobe flashing it all looks like I am about to take off!

Thanks to all those that posted in the past you help me with this project!

/ My B2920 Light Project #7  
Really nice job and good to see another light installation thread.

/ My B2920 Light Project #8  
Nice work!

Just hope you don't need rear remotes in the future.

Did you get those R4's new? They look almost bald in the pics. If so how many hours did it take to get them to this point

/ My B2920 Light Project
Did you fab the straight piece or did you find it at TSC also?

Thanks guys - nice to see a old thread of mine still of some use!

The straight piece is just some aluminum stock from home depot.

/ My B2920 Light Project #10  
Very nice job jambx. You took your time and made it look nice. How is that 2920 treating after three years?