rocks and stumps

/ rocks and stumps #1  

stevess

Silver Member
just got my new bx25 and i've pulled out some big stumps and a giant rock. only problem is now how do i move them? stump won't fit in the bucket and the rock is also too big and definately too heavy. i'm new to this but having fun. do you also wish you had more tractor?

enjoy the forum
steve
mass

/ rocks and stumps #2  
Get a big honkin chain and tie it around the stump or rock and drag it, is what seems most do......:D

/ rocks and stumps #3  
agree with the drag, and be sure to chain it as low as you can in the back, preferably on the drawbar. there is a whole set(s) of posts on not putting your chain too high. you kind of get it from experience but best not to drag real heavy items chained to bucket also.

congratulations and have fun and be safe with your new tractor.

/ rocks and stumps
thanks for the replies.i thought a chain was the way to go. not sure where the draw bar is but i'll figure it out. i'm alittle anxious about some implements for it. what do you think are the most fun, essential tools. i'm just digging up the yard so far. i've only got about an acre of land but i'm surrounded by woods so alittle expedition may be in order.
thanks again
steve
mass

/ rocks and stumps #5  
I added forks to the bucket on my B21. I found that when I had the forks under a stump or rock that if it would not lift it I could push it around on top of the forks. I pushed a lot of stumps to and up the burn pile this way.

/ rocks and stumps #6  
not sure where the draw bar is but i'll figure it out.
thanks again
steve
mass

Steve,

the drawbar is located just below the rear PTO. you may only have a drawbar "holder" and may need to get one and attach. some folks will put a ball hitch on one of the holes to drag trailers, wood splitters, etc. just grabbed this pic from web, but it shows a drawbar without a ball.

Attachments

• Untitled.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 396
   / rocks and stumps #7  
I pushed a lot of stumps to and up the burn pile this way.

boy, sure be nice to be able to burn those stumps, Not a good thing where I live due to fire danger, I have to dig a hole and bury them:(

/ rocks and stumps #8  
thanks for the replies.i thought a chain was the way to go. not sure where the draw bar is but i'll figure it out. i'm alittle anxious about some implements for it. what do you think are the most fun, essential tools. i'm just digging up the yard so far. i've only got about an acre of land but i'm surrounded by woods so alittle expedition may be in order.
thanks again
steve
mass

Just be REALLY careful driving over loose branches if you don't have a full skid plate...You don't want to have to mess with that HST fan.

Enjoy the BX25, great little machine. At times you may want more tractor, but the tight maneuverability of the BX25 will make you think again.

/ rocks and stumps
just checked, no drawbar or skid plate. i was looking at the hst post. my bx25 has 3 bars infront of the fan. maybe i got a leftover model. did any of them come with a skidplate?
thanks
steve
mass

/ rocks and stumps #10  
Just watch dragging them, if they start to roll things could get ugly. I often push the big ones with the Front end loader and sort of roll them them with a forward while lifting motion.
B careful and have fun!