Loader problem. (control stick problem??)

/ Loader problem. (control stick problem??) #1  

LVKubota

Bronze Member
Hello everyone, need some advice on what is a somewhat intermittent but very frustrating problem.

Tractor is an L3710 HST WITH CAB/Kubota FEL/scraper. Hours are 260. The side to side action of the handle works flawlessly. The problem is SOMETIMES when lifting or lowering (front to back motion) it feels like the lever sticks and the rams are not getting full fluid (even though the range of the stick seems to be all there.)

Another way to explain it is when it's acting up, the FEL raises and drops extremely slow.

Then, as if nothiing happened, it works fine again.

Maintenance history is my understanding was all fluids were changed at 50 hours......I changed engine oil and filter at 150 and again at 250.

When it started acting up, I changed the hydraulic filter.......will change the 10.3 gallons of hydro here shortly.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

/ Loader problem. (control stick problem??) #2  
Are you familiar with the float function? Where the joystick snaps into a detent and stay's forward allowing the loader to "float" up and down.

/ Loader problem. (control stick problem??)
Are you familiar with the float function? Where the joystick snaps into a detent and stay's forward allowing the loader to "float" up and down.

I feel dumb telling you I am NOT familiar with that feature. (or if i have it???)

/ Loader problem. (control stick problem??) #4  
Check your cable anchors (Adjusting nuts) make sure they didn't come loose.

/ Loader problem. (control stick problem??) #5  
I feel dumb telling you I am NOT familiar with that feature. (or if i have it???)

Don't feel dumb...

Ifyou push the joystick fully forward-like you are lowering the FEL, You should feel it "snap" and stay in the forward position. This is "float". There is no pressure in the cylinders at this time and the bucket can follow the contour of the ground. The dump/curl circuit remains unaffected.

I suspect this is what's happening to you...but you just did not know what it was.

Do a search for "float" if you want to read about it for a couple of hours;)

Check your cable anchors (Adjusting nuts) make sure they didn't come loose.

Thank you, that already happened when I first bought the machine......the symptoms for that were just a totally limp stick(uhuhhh, he said limp stick) with 0 actuation.

Don't feel dumb...

Ifyou push the joystick fully forward-like you are lowering the FEL, You should feel it "snap" and stay in the forward position. This is "float". There is no pressure in the cylinders at this time and the bucket can follow the contour of the ground. The dump/curl circuit remains unaffected.

I suspect this is what's happening to you...but you just did not know what it was.

Do a search for "float" if you want to read about it for a couple of hours;)

Thanks,

I think you're on to sumpin'

That "sticking" feeling is most certainly the detent.

I'm thinking "sometimes" it's engaging too soon.

I just went out there and it worked flawlessly for a couple cycles, then that "stcking" presented right from the start of the down actuation.

Obviously an adjustment somwhere (or is it a hydro malfunction??).......always freaks me out when things are intermittent.

/ Loader problem. (control stick problem??) #8  
Thanks,

I think you're on to sumpin'

That "sticking" feeling is most certainly the detent.

I'm thinking "sometimes" it's engaging too soon.

I just went out there and it worked flawlessly for a couple cycles, then that "stcking" presented right from the start of the down actuation.

Obviously an adjustment somwhere (or is it a hydro malfunction??).......always freaks me out when things are intermittent.

I would say it is NOT a hydro problem. Sounds mechanical to me. Best advice I can offer since I am not familiar with your machine is lubricate all linkages well, and check for cable binding.

Will do 1st thing in the AM.

Thanks for the edumacation on the float feature.

/ Loader problem. (control stick problem??) #10  
I'm wondern' if I'm having the same issue as you with your 3710. I'm familiar with the float and the bucket operation, but what mine does or does not do is operate smoothly...it's way jerky when you try to drop the bucket. I'm used to my last tractor of having a smooth transition when lowering the bucket. This tractor won't move the bucket down in a smooth motion..it's just plain jerky...