Location of PTO safety switch on BX24?

/ Location of PTO safety switch on BX24? #1  

bx24

Platinum Member
On my BX24, I need to adjust the contact on the switch that tells the machine that the PTO is engaged. It is set up to kill the engine if you have the PTO on and you get up from the seat.

The problem I have had lately is that the engine will kill if I get up from the seat even with the PTO not engaged. I can sometimes make it stay on if I start to engage the PTO and "slam it back as far as it will go" to the off position. This tells me that the switch is a hair too far away from what ever linkage it bumps against.

I took a quick look to see if I could find the switch, but gave up after a quick glance. Does anyone know where the contact switch is located? (pics would be great)

I don't want to disengage it (not only for the safety aspect, but it also serves as a theft deterrent when I store the tractor because I engage the PTO when it is off so that even if someone had a key, it won't crank), but I need to get it adjusted.

Thanks

/ Location of PTO safety switch on BX24? #2  
BX24,

Went out to the garage and looked it up in the WSM. Attached is the page from the WSM. Hope this helps.

Deano

/ Location of PTO safety switch on BX24? #3  
deano- that page is very helpful- I can't beleive how clear it is. it looks so much better then the haynes books for autos. It's certainly making me itch to get one too. I can see asking my wife " hey honey you know for xmas i want a wsm for my BX24" :D

/ Location of PTO safety switch on BX24? #4  
Radioman,

I found it on ebay for $45:p
Haven't seen one on there since!!

Deano

/ Location of PTO safety switch on BX24? #5  
45 !:mad: oh well . I guess you got lucky. ;)

/ Location of PTO safety switch on BX24?
BX24,

Went out to the garage and looked it up in the WSM. Attached is the page from the WSM. Hope this helps.

Deano

Deano

Thanks, that is perfect! (eBay rocks!)

/ Location of PTO safety switch on BX24? #7  
Where is the location of the PTO safety switch on the Kubota F2560E?