3 point cement mixer 80 hookup?

/ 3 point cement mixer 80 hookup? #1  

smbluthing

Tractor
Kubota M6800HD
I am almost a defeated man! I have a used mixer80 and finally got the hydraulic cylinder functioning. unless there is a way to extend the mixer on the 3 point hitch, it appears the pto shaft is too long. the kubota is a M6800HD. just wondering if i am doing something wrong or do i need to somehow find a shorter pto shaft? thanks:confused:

/ 3 point cement mixer 80 hookup? #2  
If your PTO shaft is too long.You can dammage your transmission case.Worst destroy it.
You can shortin you shafts equal lengths.Place one shaft on your tractor and the other end on the implement. Let the shafts sit ON each other and check the differances and cut 1 inch shorter.You can use a hack saw or a cutting wheel. Good Luck

/ 3 point cement mixer 80 hookup? #3  
As Marshal noted:

You can shortin you shafts equal lengths.Place one shaft on your tractor and the other end on the implement. Let the shafts sit ON each other and check the differances and cut 1 inch shorter.You can use a hack saw or a cutting wheel. Good Luck

I did this with the "trilobulated" shafts (if you've seen one you know what I'm talking about) that came with my KKII tiller. Had a dickens of a time trying to get them back together - lots of deburring and cussing. Just mentioned it so you factor in some time for this important part of the job ...

-Jim

Last edited:
   / 3 point cement mixer 80 hookup? #4  
I am almost a defeated man! I have a used mixer80 and finally got the hydraulic cylinder functioning. unless there is a way to extend the mixer on the 3 point hitch, it appears the pto shaft is too long. the kubota is a M6800HD. just wondering if i am doing something wrong or do i need to somehow find a shorter pto shaft?

When I bought my MIXER80 years ago, I had to shorten the driveshaft also.
It took a couple of tries, but it is easy to cut. Don't make it too short or
it will come apart at full lift!

FYI, I recently converted my mixer to hyd drive, so I got rid of the drive
shaft.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/152388-converting-3-pt-concrete-mixer.html

/ 3 point cement mixer 80 hookup?
before i mess up the cut...this is in a manual i found on an internet search...

"Check the length of the PTO shaft, ensuring that it has a minimum axial play of
(2 inches) in the shortest position (IT SHOULD UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
BIND). Check also the length of the PTO shaft at the point of full extension to
ensure that the insert length between the two halves of the shaft
is not less than (4inches)."

do i still cut based on the 1" theory. thanks:eek:

/ 3 point cement mixer 80 hookup? #6  
I suggest you just give your mixer to a good freind at work and be done with it....:p:D:cool:

/ 3 point cement mixer 80 hookup?
To my good friend at work...you may borrow anytime, realizing the fact that, the use a different PTO shaft after today might be involved.:)

PTOshaft (Small).JPG

the shaft is at it's shortest point according to the owners manual.
it looks like the 5" cut from both sides will make it just fit.
i think an additional 2" from each side will give the 1.97" buffer.
this will at full extension leave 5".
the final cuts should be the same on the pto plastic shrouds?

"measure 2 times cut one time" is a rule to reduce error. do all those that offer advise think i am on the right track? thanks smbluthing:eek:

/ 3 point cement mixer 80 hookup? #8  
One thing about it. The shafts are a replaceable Item if you do happen to make a mistake! Good luck... I'll talk to you at work.