L3650 Canvas soft cab

/ L3650 Canvas soft cab #1  

GarthH

Silver Member
Winters on its way. Just loaded the blower today and chains.

Last winter was tough at the beginning. Deep cold, wind and lots of snow. Snow suits worked well for the cold but tough to beat that wind and snow.

I would like to do a canvas soft cab. I have not found anything on the market so will likely need to build it myself. I notice the posting with the fellow using copper pipe.

I have a Kubota sun canopy attached to ROP.

Any ideas where I can find the canvas / windows components?

Garth

/ L3650 Canvas soft cab #2  
I would like to do a canvas soft cab. I have not found anything on the market so will likely need to build it myself. I notice the posting with the fellow using copper pipe.

I have a Kubota sun canopy attached to ROP.

Any ideas where I can find the canvas / windows components?

Try a marine canvas shop, they do such things all the time for boats and if you give them the dimensions they shouldn't have any problems making up sides. They might even welcome the business this time of year.

Aaron Z

/ L3650 Canvas soft cab #3  
I would check out this site first:

CoverMyTractor - Tractor Covers, Tractor cover, Skid Steer Covers, Tractor enclosures, tractor enclosure, cab enclosures, cab enclosure, construction equipment covers, construction tractor covers, riding lawn mower covers, garden tractor covers, RTV

I called them for a quote for my B3030 but they did not have the pattern for this model yet. The price they quoted was $899 plus shipping. I thought this was quite reasonable.

I finally ended up with a local boat canvas guy who custom fabricated the enclosure for $750. Needless to say I'm very pleased with both the price and quality of the final product. I'll post some pictures soon. Good luck.

/ L3650 Canvas soft cab #4  
.....I would like to do a canvas soft cab. I have not found anything on the market so will likely need to build it myself.....I have a Kubota sun canopy attached to ROP........
One very quick and cheap way to keep wind and snow out is a golf cart cover. Adapting one to a tractor is easy if you already have a canopy. Here's a typical under-canopy installation

/ L3650 Canvas soft cab #5  
I just received my tractor enclsoure from Cover My Tractor and it is fabulous. It was simple to put on and when I had a question they were very responsive and stayed with me on the phone until I was completely satisfied and I am a picky customer. My experience with them was great I would recommend them if you need a cab enclosure. I also had to buy a fibergalss canopy as part of the assembly but when I got the whole package on my tractor I realized how nice the canopy was as an added feature for later in the season.
So, what tractor do you have that you put this on? Got any pictures of how it looks?

Thanks

Aaron Z

/ L3650 Canvas soft cab #6  
I just checked out their website. I have to say that they make the nicest soft enclosure i' ve ever seen. I'm not nuts about the zipper across the windshield....... right in your field of vision. And the yellow enclosures on the JDs are awfully........... well, yellow :D ! They look like a nice option for winter snowblowing though.