Shovel/rake holders....

/ Shovel/rake holders.... #1  

savedbyzero

Tractor
Kubota L3710
How are ya'll attaching your shovel, and or rake to your tractor ? On my old Yanmar, I cut some tubing a little bigger than the handles and welded them to the ROPS front cage....on my new tractor, I don't have front braces to my ROPS, although I'm thinking about it on this tractor too.

Attachments

• IMG_0480 1.JPG
    IMG_0480 1.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 406
   / Shovel/rake holders.... #2  
If I think I am going to need them I carry them in the FEL bucket.

OTOH, I didn't buy a backhoe so I could move dirt by the shovelful. I can only think of a few projects where I used a shovel.

If I need something shoveled I usually hire a guy to help for about $10 per hour and he carries the shovel & rake.

/ Shovel/rake holders.... #3  
I don't have a backhoe so I carry a shovel and rake sometimes to neaten things up like tire tracks and spots where the front loader has made a mess and can't pick the stuff up. It's a pain carrying them in the loader, they can get hooked on trees, etc. so I have been thinking about making some kind of carrier like that.

/ Shovel/rake holders.... #4  
I've gotten used to just throwing anything that I needed into the FEL when ever I'm going someplace that I -might- need it.

About a month ago I threw my tow chain with hooks into the FEL bucket. Got into tillering and was coming up on a large pile of grass clippings. Without remembering that anything was in the FEL I tipped the bucket foward to push along the grass clippings. Sure enough. wap wap wap. I then ran over my chain with my tiller.

Lots of cussing later, I had the chain extracted from the tiller. No damage done to either, but it does show one of the problems with throwing things into the FEL.

Of course, there is no safty procedure that will fix stupid.:rolleyes:

Larry

/ Shovel/rake holders.... #6  
I have seen this used for chain storage here, but how about using pvc pipe with a bottom cap and mount it vertically on the FEL vertical piece near the cab. Would probably drill some holes in the bottom for drainage..

/ Shovel/rake holders.... #7  
I've gotten used to just throwing anything that I needed into the FEL when ever I'm going someplace that I -might- need it.

About a month ago I threw my tow chain with hooks into the FEL bucket. Got into tillering and was coming up on a large pile of grass clippings. Without remembering that anything was in the FEL I tipped the bucket foward to push along the grass clippings. Sure enough. wap wap wap. I then ran over my chain with my tiller.

Lots of cussing later, I had the chain extracted from the tiller. No damage done to either, but it does show one of the problems with throwing things into the FEL.

Of course, there is no safty procedure that will fix stupid.:rolleyes:

Larry

Yeah, I just dumped out my chainsaw, tow chain and some other tools in a heap tonight when I put the front loader bucket down as a brake to hold me on a hill in the woods. Whoops.:eek: It is a problem figuring out where to put stuff on these tractors.

/ Shovel/rake holders.... #8  
I have seen this used for chain storage here, but how about using pvc pipe with a bottom cap and mount it vertically on the FEL vertical piece near the cab. Would probably drill some holes in the bottom for drainage..

Yeah or I was thinking of something like that on the side of the ROPS.

/ Shovel/rake holders.... #9  
When I need shovels, rakes etc I normally have the box blade attached...one bungy holds them all on top of the bb even when it's being used...

What I really need is a place to store the scarifier/ripper teeth when I'm not using them...if I toss them in the FEL bucket it never fails that I forget and end up scrounging them out of a pile etc...

/ Shovel/rake holders.... #10  
Some sort of verticle tube is the way to go. IMO On the BB or perhaps FEL uprights.
I've done the bucket dump. Once I even found the stuff I put in the FEL sticking out of the gravel I scooped and dumped. Any time I lay a shovel of rake horizontal I have to watch that they don't snag on something going by like a tree or fence.