First Day w/ new BX 2360 and some????

/ First Day w/ new BX 2360 and some???? #1  

c5er

Well I picked up the new BX today, didnt do too much but drive it from the trailer to the garage and take off the weight box. A couple observations as i convert frommy 7610.

1) when you turn the key on you hear a clicking sound, i guessed it was just the fuel pump and I read something suggesting that on another thread. What is so different that on the BX it clicks, but I never heard anything like that on the B?

2) 3pt arms, I couldnt get the arms low enough to drop the ballast box on the ground. ( i have no mower deck) do i need to screw around with any mower deck height related settings to fix this? The arms on my B used to almost drag on the ground all the way down.

3) There seems to be some noise near the rear axles just even while sitting still and idleing, to me it sounded like the rear pto was engaged, but it wasnt. Normal?

4) the shutdown of the engine is pretty rough, reminds me of when i shutdown my dodge. I didnt think this was really abnormal, but my B was considerably smoother. How different are the BX vs B engines?

Thanks in advance.

/ First Day w/ new BX 2360 and some???? #2  
Congratulations on your new tractor.

I can't be much help on some of these, but your deck height adjustment shouldn't have anything to do with how far down your three point drops. I can have mine in the TOP position and my arms go to within about six to eight inches, would have to measure to be sure.

As to the noise while running, mine does the same, but my BX2200 didn't. My BX2200 also had less HST whine, but I don't know if my BX2660 is like all the rest of them or I just have a noisy tractor.

I have had a BX2200 and now a BX2660 and every BX I have seen really shakes when you shut them down; don't know why, they just do.

I know mine is not a BX2360, but I don't think there is really all that much difference between the two.

Enjoy your tractor.

/ First Day w/ new BX 2360 and some???? #3  
Well I picked up the new BX today, didnt do too much but drive it from the trailer to the garage and take off the weight box. A couple observations as i convert frommy 7610.

1) when you turn the key on you hear a clicking sound, i guessed it was just the fuel pump and I read something suggesting that on another thread. What is so different that on the BX it clicks, but I never heard anything like that on the B?
Yes, completely normal. It's the pump
2) 3pt arms, I couldnt get the arms low enough to drop the ballast box on the ground. ( i have no mower deck) do i need to screw around with any mower deck height related settings to fix this? The arms on my B used to almost drag on the ground all the way down.The top link and the "keeps" on the lower arms need adjusting. This baffled me a little at first too. Especially because my lower arms did not open wide enough to install anything wider than 21", I mistakenly assumed it was a Cat 0 hitch with Cat 1 pins. Takes some getting used to and it is very stiff. Loosen it up.

3) There seems to be some noise near the rear axles just even while sitting still and idleing, to me it sounded like the rear pto was engaged, but it wasnt. Normal? HST whine, quite likely. It's noisy!! If it persists more than you think normal, have a fellow BXer nearby listen to it, or have your dealer check it, but I'm guessing you will have to live with it.

4) the shutdown of the engine is pretty rough, reminds me of when i shutdown my dodge. I didnt think this was really abnormal, but my B was considerably smoother. How different are the BX vs B engines? The BX engines are mostly the same as the older and still current small B engines. I don't know why they shake so bad at shut down, but they do.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes

/ First Day w/ new BX 2360 and some???? #4  
"2) 3pt arms, I couldnt get the arms low enough to drop the ballast box on the ground. ( i have no mower deck) do i need to screw around with any mower deck height related settings to fix this? The arms on my B used to almost drag on the ground all the way down."

When folks complained that the BX series had a limited lift height, Kubota changed the geometry to give more. Unrfortunately, the hitch doesn't go as low now as it did. I have the same problem with my new B2620, and my chipper, and ended up moving the lift links to the second set of holes in the lower 3pt arms. That solves the problem for me, but I don't think the BX has that second set of holes. I know one BX24 owner who has a chipper like mine, and ended up attaching 4x4"s to the bottom of it. I would also think that the rockshafts could be indexed to let the hitch go lower, but you will lose lift height..... You wouldn't think that another fix like putting three holes in the lift links would have been all that expensive to implement. I love my Kubota, but I find things like this mildly irritating, and do hope that Kubota starts to realize soon that this new generation, old, and young folks alike, uses these tractors for things besides mowing.

/ First Day w/ new BX 2360 and some???? #5  
Congratulations on your purchase. Sounds like you have a normal BX.

/ First Day w/ new BX 2360 and some???? #6  
looks like BP fick answered all the questions you had they are right on par. There was a thread here a while back asking why it shakes so much esp. when shut off. It scares me too but it seems to be the norm. As for the 3 pt hitch not going low enough, I think adding a quick hitch should help as the mounting points is lower. But then adding blocks of wood is much cheaper ;) .

/ First Day w/ new BX 2360 and some???? #7  
Congrats on your new toy. Sounds like all your questions have pretty much been answered in combination. I would like to add that you can probably build a raised dolly from 2x4's or 4x4's and easily solve that problem with the ballast box and allow you maneuverability.