Stepping up

/ Stepping up #12  
This new snowblower will be built much heavier than the one you have for the BX. I was looking at both versions for my smaller B, and was surprised how much difference there was.

/ Stepping up
This new snowblower will be built much heavier than the one you have for the BX. I was looking at both versions for my smaller B, and was surprised how much difference there was.

I looked at the new blower in the crate and the wings are certainly heavier plate than the 2750. I was surprised to hear that the 2782 is only 50 pounds heavier though. I like the added width too.

/ Stepping up
Look at Chuck's first picture. Mine is exaclty the same arrangement

I found another post with a Char-lynn J-2 series motor mounted like Chuck's and pictures of yours I've looked at. The other post shows a cog mounted on the top of the motor and directly connected to the chute base. I think I've got the correct part numbers for that and it looks like the J-2 motor mounts directly to the plate that the worm gear gets removed from. The worm gear, as it is attached now, appears to be mounted at an angle to accomodate a hand crank and that would make it a touch more difficult to mount a motor with half couplings between (as I did on my 2750), but I think I'll be able to rig something without too much trouble. Thanks, John

/ Stepping up #16  
The blower I looked at had the Kubota "drift knives" on the front. They are very heavy duty, and bolt to the front, and top of the blower. They add 3"-4" to the width. The smaller one I looked at was 54" across the front with the knives installed. If I get down that way again soon, I'll take a picture.

/ Stepping up #17  
That is is nice set up, i owned it myself a few years ago. No cab? Maine winter? Better stock up on brandy!

/ Stepping up
That is is nice set up, i owned it myself a few years ago. No cab? Maine winter? Better stock up on brandy!

Thanks! I don't drink, but I have a hooded snowmobile suit, ski goggles, and snowmobile mask that covers most of my face....almost like being in a cocoon, ha! Cab still sounds like a lot more fun!

Attachments

• NoHands.JPG
    NoHands.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 192
   / Stepping up #19  
You will definitely love your new 3030.......... in fact, i give you a money-back guarantee (what the hey.... it ain't my money!)! You are missing out, not getting the cab though. It'll fit under a seven foot overhead door with minor modifications. Either way...... heckuva little tractor! :)

/ Stepping up #20  
You will definitely love your new 3030.......... in fact, i give you a money-back guarantee (what the hey.... it ain't my money!)! You are missing out, not getting the cab though. It'll fit under a seven foot overhead door with minor modifications. Either way...... heckuva little tractor! :)

I'm interested in what modifications that would take?