Stepping up

/ Stepping up #1  

Dyer retired

Gold Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota BX1800 and 2010 B3030
I got the fever and am stepping up from my BX1800 to a B3030...being delivered next week. I have the FEL and B2782 blower coming with it and will let Hammond Tractor keep the backhoe until Spring. I thought that since I wouldn't be using the backhoe through the winter, I'd let them sell it to me in the Spring after they've stored it through the snow season.

I'm looking for hydraulic chute rotation solutions people have come up with for the 2782. That will be the first project I do beginning the day of delivery. I won't be buying the Kubota kit, more as a protest of the cost, but also because I like doing this kind of modification myself. I'm really interested in seeing some pictures of what you guys have done and I'll come up with some similar unit from there. Thanks in advance. Dyer, retired

/ Stepping up #2  
Sorry I can't help with the question but wanted to congratulate you on the purchase. I had a B2910 (earlier version of the B3030) and loved it. Great tractor, great size, awesome HP/Weight ratio. Hardest working tractor in it's size on the market. Good Luck!!

/ Stepping up #3  
That's a nice step up, alright. I'm sure you'll like it.

/ Stepping up
Thanks guys! I've got lots of little projects mapped out for it, but in the meantime will get plenty of use in a couple of months removing the white stuff.

/ Stepping up
I know you are a hardy guy from your avatar picture, but did you get the cab?

No cab, I like that 20 below zero wind and snow coming through my hair feel. The cab model wouldn't have fit in my garage, so that was the bigger consideration.

/ Stepping up
smfcpacfp,

I know you have the hydraulic chute rotation. Does your motor connect directly to the chute base or does it turn the existing worm gear in some fashion?

/ Stepping up #8  
He walks, he talks, he crawls on his belly like a reptile! Hi there Dyer retired....... not true I heard. Congratulations on the ugrade! That will be a great tractor for you. Are you getting chains......... what tires? Here's a picture for you to have a coffee over. ( I take no credit for the photos since they were contributed by another member, and I saved them for the same reason)

Attachments

• sb1.JPG
    sb1.JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 392
  • sb3.JPG
    sb3.JPG
    492.3 KB · Views: 330
   / Stepping up
He walks, he talks, he crawls on his belly like a reptile! Hi there Dyer retired....... not true I heard. Congratulations on the ugrade! That will be a great tractor for you. Are you getting chains......... what tires? Here's a picture for you to have a coffee over. ( I take no credit for the photos since they were contributed by another member, and I saved them for the same reason)

Hi Chuck, Yes, I am up and moving, but not so retired as I once was. Back with the State investigating Medicaid Fraud...no shortage of work. I went with the R4's and don't plan on chains at this point. Good to hear from you! Thanks for the pictures. John

Last edited:
   / Stepping up #10  
Congrats on the new machine and post up some pics when you can! :)