Tires Loaded Rear Tires

/ Loaded Rear Tires #1  

FSE

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2660
I have a question. Do loaded rear tires (ie with water in them) affect the roll over rate either positive or negative?

/ Loaded Rear Tires #2  
All other things being equal, loaded rear tires will lower the risk of rollover.

/ Loaded Rear Tires #3  
I recently loaded mine with water mixed with antifreeze, and big difference in stability.

/ Loaded Rear Tires
I have only have my BX2660 for a week now and the dealer took it back to put the FEL on and returned it this Friday. He told me that they put water in the tires. Before they did I have a ditch bank that I have mowed once with it and the pucker factor was pretty high. I was just wondering if I could lighten my grip on the seat a little with the water in the tires. The vinyl is chaffing my cheeks.

Last edited:
   / Loaded Rear Tires #5  
Ballasted tires will *definitely* help stability on those slopes.

It doesn't really help so much with the FEL, rear ballast is better.

/ Loaded Rear Tires #6  
I have heard that CVS sells pucker chaffing solution kits..

they recycle the old tractor oil, remove the color, make it real thick and it is nearly clear.

The label, I forget the exact name of it, is somekind of jelly..

If it helps, maybe we can get them to advertise here...

---end of sarcasm mode---

Jim

/ Loaded Rear Tires #7  
Loaded rear tires will help counter balance the FEL quite a bit. It will also help with the stability on slope alot. I just had one of mine off to put on a fan guard, and you can't believe how heavy they get, and all the weight is down low.

/ Loaded Rear Tires #8  
It deffinatly helps with stability. Im not sure that many would go to an angle quite like this though.

Attachments

• Jacobs pictures 10-29-09 059.jpg
    Jacobs pictures 10-29-09 059.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 184
   / Loaded Rear Tires #9  
I regularly mow a 18-20 degree bank with 100% confidence with my loaded tires... Most will say 15-18* is the limit..

No chafe, no pucker...

And the ballast fr FEL use is great. I max out the lift capacity of the FEL more often than I over come the ballast of the tires...

/ Loaded Rear Tires #10  
Ballasted Rear tires also improved backhoe operation... the tractor stayed put and more force went to digging instead of lifting the back of the tractor...

It you foam fill instead of fluid... no more flats !!!