L3400 Owners Manual & Questions

/ L3400 Owners Manual & Questions #1  

Jeffrla

Tractor
John Deere 430
Hello,

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place, so please excuse me.

I am considering buying a L3400 and I read on TBN where owners have complained about the 3PH being jerky. Some said that it had gotten less jerky in recent years, but it still jerked. I called my Kubota dealer and asked about this. He said he had received some complaints, but that was several years ago and he had not gotten any complaints on the 3PH in the last couple years.

I will test the 3PH at the dealer to see for myself if it is something I can live with. We are mainly going to be using it to dig postholes, manure loader work, light landscaping and light plowing. I am mainly looking at the L3400 because I want a gear drive transmission with a Live PTO. I just cannot bring myself to get an HST and the price is virtually the same for a L2800HST and a L3400DT. Both with loaders.

I also asked him if there was a way I could download an Owner's Manual for the L3400, but he said a downloadable file was not available, just the hard copies he had at the dealership. Does anyone know where I can download a PDF version of the Owner's Manual that I can read up on the operation of the L3400?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff

Jeff Averhoff
Stanley, NM

/ L3400 Owners Manual & Questions #2  
The post hole digger will be the best test you can do. I had one on mine and thought it was going to come apart with all shaking when I raised or lowered it. I don't know about the manual. I've got one but haven't seen on online.

/ L3400 Owners Manual & Questions #3  
You can check for a manual here Index of Kubotabooks/

I don't think they have the exact model but you should be close enough.

I also highly recommend you try an auger on that machine before buying. the jerky hitch would be useless IMO.

HST is really nice; have you given it a fair chance?

/ L3400 Owners Manual & Questions #4  
When I bought my L3400 I told the dealer I had my doubts about the 3pt lift jerkiness problem. He said that if I wasn't happy with it, they would replace the lift valve with the better valve out of the B3030. After a couple of days of owning the tractor, I realized the 3pt lift was going to be a problem. Dealer came by the next morning, picked it up and had it back by the end of the day. It's a big job replacing the valve because you need to split open the tractor. Try it out first and be sure to have a solution before you make the deal.

/ L3400 Owners Manual & Questions #5  
Jeffrla, let us know what you think of the 3ph. After 2006 (somewhere in that time frame) We think the valves changed and I don't think you'll see that much of a problem. I had the bad jerky valves and the best thing about them was it would clear the auger nicely with the jerky movements!!!

The manual, sitting right in front of me, is 70 pages. It's sitting in front of me to be scanned... but it's been that way for several weeks now. I should do a little at a time but darn if it's just not getting done... by it's self. Sorry, mainly because it doesn't look like tonight is the night, either. :eek:

/ L3400 Owners Manual & Questions #6  
Mine is a 2009, and the 3ph is a bit jerky on the way up. Down is smooth as silk and adjustable with the flow control valve under the seat. It hasn't been a real problem for me, I'm planning on getting a phd next season as well.

Chilly

/ L3400 Owners Manual & Questions #7  
I have access to the pdf file version of the ops manual, Ill try to see if I can figure out how to send it to you.

/ L3400 Owners Manual & Questions #8  
If you can send me your email, I will send you the pdf file. I was going to load it up and post it here, but it is 7.1mb, way more than this site allows.

Matt

/ L3400 Owners Manual & Questions #9  
If you can send me your email, I will send you the pdf file. I was going to load it up and post it here, but it is 7.1mb, way more than this site allows.

Matt

Hi Matt. Do you still have the pdf owners manual for the L4300. I could really use it. Let me know and I will send you my email.

Thanks,

Ron

/ L3400 Owners Manual & Questions #10  
I also have a Kubota L3400D which I cannot find any manuals for. Could you send me a copy if you have it? georgegage@yahoo.com

Thank you for any help.

George Gage
Bixby, Ok