Tractor
    Kubota L 3400

Default L 3400 Jerky 3 Point

So,I'm at my local kubota dealer buying filters and oil for the 50hr service for my L3400 purchased in June 09. I decide to inquire about the jerky 3 point hitch to the service mgr. He tells me that the pick up hose is sucking air somewhere and that is causing the problem. So he orders a new hose and calls me a week later to install it. They came and picked up the tractor and installed the new hose and returned it the next day. I am pleased to say that the hitch is about 90% better than before still not perfect but very much improved. He told me that they could not find a hole in the old hose and it could be some kind of minute crack or something. This hose is the hard rubber hose that goes into the pump right by the brake pedals. All was covered under warranty except the pick up and delivery. I thought I would pass this on to all the folks. Thanks to the folks at Bortnick tractor sales in Conneaut Ohio for a great service team.
    L-3400 HST- LA 463 FEL-Forks- Goosen C/S- Bush Hog Tiller RTS 62- Landpride 6ft.RMM- Lienbach Aerator- PHD- 5ft. Box Scraper 2000 GMC 3500 HD Dump Truck

Default Re: L 3400 Jerky 3 Point

Interesting, Thanks for the info.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2006 Kubota L2800 HST

That hose cracking/leaking is a problem that has been identified before, usualy causing problems with the front end loader. I replaced mine before it started to leak but the cracks in the hose was easy to see. It was a $20 fix.
    Marcussen
    Kubota L2800 HST
    Kubota LA463 FEL
    Woods GB60 Box blade
    Woods Brushbull BB60 (Rotary mower)
    535 hours

Tractor
    Kubota L 3400

I had no issues with the loader it was smooth as silk, wish I could say the same for the 3pt. I would have liked to seen the old hose but was not given the opportunity. Anyway the rear is much improved with the new hose.
    L-3400 HST- LA 463 FEL-Forks- Goosen C/S- Bush Hog Tiller RTS 62- Landpride 6ft.RMM- Lienbach Aerator- PHD- 5ft. Box Scraper 2000 GMC 3500 HD Dump Truck

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

In the future you might want to check your local NAPA auto parts store..they make hoses..at least our local one does and anything that goes wrong with your tractor if you are at all handy you might want to see if you can fix it before calling the dealer ..the pick up and dellivery costs will kill you even under warranty as you have noticed.
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kubota L2800, 15 hp 372 Mitsubishi

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    In the future you might want to check your local NAPA auto parts store..they make hoses..at least our local one does and anything that goes wrong with your tractor if you are at all handy you might want to see if you can fix it before calling the dealer ..the pick up and dellivery costs will kill you even under warranty as you have noticed.
    This return hose is like a formed radiator hose...not a standard hyd line.
    Kubota L2800HST, Mitsubishi 372, bh75, 45" Agric tiller, 5' home made disk, 42" Bush hog, PHD, 66" Cammond BB.

Tractor
    Kubota l3400HST TLB

Is that the hose right above the hst pedal?

Mine started leaking around 150hrs and ordered a new one through the dealer. I initially went to the auto parts place, but the guy there said he didn't recommend it because he thought the hydraulic oil could possibly eat through a standard radiator hose.?.?.
    "I drink beer to make other people interesting"

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2006 Kubota L2800 HST

There is a picture of the line in this post
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...ulic-leak.html
    It is the intake line for the hydraulic pump about 1" diameter formed non pressure hose.
    Marcussen
    Kubota L2800 HST
    Kubota LA463 FEL
    Woods GB60 Box blade
    Woods Brushbull BB60 (Rotary mower)
    535 hours

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 1811 \and a cub cadet 149

i had trouble with mine and the hose was about $21 and a 10 minute fix. Much cheaper to fix it yourself than pay the pickup and delivery charges. My hose was dry rotted and cracked......had the trouble at around 200 hours.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

A new hose shouldn't be cracked, and 50 hours is virtually brand new. I'm willing to bet it was sucking in air where the hose fits onto the pipe ends. Either a rough spot on the pipes, or not enough tension on the hose clamps. I'd be tempted to put a very thin smear of rtv silicone on the pipe ends before installing the hose, then use screw type hose clamps instead of the spring variety. It IS odd that the loader wasn't misbehaving as well, since it's the same system. In fact, next chance I get, I may take mine down and have a close look at it.

Chilly