Pedal wear

/ Pedal wear #1  

kokopelli2

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota/b2910
has anyone noticed that the rubber pads on all of the pedal of their b series are wearing a bit fast? i only have 20 hours on my b2410 and the foward reverse and clutch all have almost no nubs left on them. there is even a rip in one of the brake pedal pads!

does anyone know of a metal replacment cover i can get? i was thinking i could use some auto covers.
thanx for the help.
steve

/ Pedal wear #2  
Wow, in only 20 hours; you must be stomping hard on those pedals./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif No, seriously, I didn't have that problem in 500 hours and 4 years on the B7100 or 200 hours in a year on the B2710. I wonder whether yours have set out in the weather too long, got a bad batch of rubber, or what.

Bird

/ Pedal wear #4  
Well, why don't you fix it, scruffy?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif That was one of the things I didn't like about my cousin's new TC29D; no rubber pads on any of the pedals. Having a foot slip off a pedal, in the right circumstances, can ruin your whole day./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Pedal wear #5  
Bird, to be honest about it, I never thought of it! A tractor with rubber pads? I AIN'T never seen one! You'd have to know my Dad, he bought for next to nothing, fixed it and used it for twenty years. I never knew him to have a new anything except for his old 62 GMC one ton farm pickup. That old critter only ran out to 45mph, and if you pushed 50 and held if for half an hour, the engine blew. What a work horse it was though. Rubber pads....h-m-m, I'm gonna have to think about that one. A little paint or glue and sand does wonders though to prevent foot slippage.

/ Pedal wear
scruffy,
i dont know you could have never seen rubber pads on a tractor. my old '67 deere had pads on the brakes and clutch.

bird,
thanks for the info. i am going to talk to my dealer when i take it in for its 50 in nov.
steve

/ Pedal wear #7  
Scruffy, I'm old enough to remember having driven some old cars and pickups (mostly belonging to farmers) which has lost their rubber pads on brake and clutch pedals, and after they lost the pad, the pedal was usually very slick. Of course my cousin's TC29D was built with no pads, so the pedals have anti-skid surfaces. I guess that's just one less thing to maintain, but I like the rubber pads.

Bird