BX25 fan belt rubbing lower radiator hose

/ BX25 fan belt rubbing lower radiator hose #1  

Jeff H

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I am at 42 hours. I hear an occasional screech from under the hood once in a while recently, usually shortly after startup, this is a new sound. I guessed a loose fan belt might be making the noise.

The bolts on the alternator were very tight! After loosening the top adjustment bolt it still didn't move, had to loosen the nut on the end of the lower pivot bolt.

Then I noticed the wear on the lower radiator hose. I put a tie wrap around the alternator bracket and the hose, to keep the hose away from the belt.

If you have a new BX, check your hose!

/ BX25 fan belt rubbing lower radiator hose #2  
good catch! however mine is probably over 500 hours i think and it would've put a hole in it by now:eek: . regardless of age, I'll be checking mine just in case today before I start it up. ;) any pics of yours showing damage ?

/ BX25 fan belt rubbing lower radiator hose
You actually have to loosen 2 nuts on the lower pivot bolt for the alternator. The first nut is holding the dipstick bracket, then the second nut is holding the alternator. You can get them from the side near the oil filter. That second nut was so tight I had to add an extension to the wrench to crack it loose, and it rounded the edges of the nut a bit but it didn't slip.

No pictures, maybe I will try later.

Thanks

Just ran it up and down the street to mix the PS Supplement into the fuel, no screeching noise so far.

Last edited:
   / BX25 fan belt rubbing lower radiator hose #6  
Hi Jeff, these posts about the BX25 fan belt screeching are over 3 years old, but I couldn't get into the "thread" you cited. What was the solution, and what is "PS Supplement"?? My machine has very few hours, but I have had the screeching and overheating, so I assumed it was a loose fan belt. But I've tightened it to the max and still have the problem. I got a new belt from my local dealer, but it is nothing like the original. When I went to try to replace it, there appears to be no easy way around what appears to be a drive shaft. Any thoughts??