Removing fel - installing snowblower

/ Removing fel - installing snowblower #11  
Mark,

I have a B3200 which has the loader valve(s) mounted on the tractor. I am not sure about the B7800. I simply attach the Snowblower "up-down" hydraulic hoses to the "up-down" quick disconnects on the loader valve. The chute rotate hydraulic hoses are attached to the bucket "curl and dump" quick disconnects. When it is complete pushing the loader joystick forward drops the snowblower, moving it back raises it, moving it to the right spins the chute to the right and moving it to the left spins the chute to the left. The chute deflector is electrically operated. A switch controls the deflector "up and down". It is a great set-up. I would expect that the B7800 would be controlled the same way.
I hope that helps.

Jim from NH

/ Removing fel - installing snowblower #12  
Quick question: If you have a hydraulic lifter and a hydraulic chute rotator, what do you use to control the hydraulic chute deflector. My 7800 only has a two valve system.

Mark in Colorado
'08 B7800

The hydraulic chute deflector comes with its own electric/hydraulic diverter. It also uses the dump / curl circuit....... move the joystick left or right to turn the chute, flip the switch, then left / right moves the chute deflector up or down.

/ Removing fel - installing snowblower #13  
I think the hydraulic chute deflector is more important if you live in an area where you have to worry about throwing snow on the neighbor's property. I don't, but I doubt that there isn't a day that I wish I had one (like Ductape's) installed. It is one of my projects next summer.

I don't think anyone mentioned that you can get the hydraulic chute rotator. I would definitely have one of those.

I am not as fast as Ductape (20 minutes for the whole job). I think I spend more time remembering how to do things. My wife helps me. The FEL removal is a pretty quick job, less than a half hour.

Putting on the snow blower is simple, but the carriage is a little more time consuming and a floor jack is helpful in holding everything in place while you get the pin in place. I couldn't imagine doing this job alone, especially lining up the drive shaft from the blower to the carriage. I am going to say it takes an hour, or so. If I did it every day, I would probably be pretty good at it, but I do it once a year.

/ Removing fel - installing snowblower
I pulled the trigger on a 2782a with hydraulic chute rotator for a total of $6000. That includes the dealer coming to pick up my tractor, installing, and returning it. I live about 30 miles from the dealer. I'm ok with this.

I'm trying to decide about the deflector. Smfcpacfp, thanks for your input. I don't have any neighbors to worry about, either, but I think it would be handy, especially when the wind is blowing.

thanks for the help.

/ Removing fel - installing snowblower #15  
Putting on the snow blower is simple, but the carriage is a little more time consuming and a floor jack is helpful in holding everything in place while you get the pin in place. I couldn't imagine doing this job alone, especially lining up the drive shaft from the blower to the carriage. I am going to say it takes an hour, or so. If I did it every day, I would probably be pretty good at it, but I do it once a year.

Steve, I can only say what works for me. I grab the quick hitch by the nose, and slide the back end under the tractor from the front. Then i hang it on the front crossmember (without tightening it). The rear will be resting on the floor at this point. I stand by the front tire and push down on the nose of the quick hitch with one foot, which raises the back end into position..... then slide the pin through. No need for a floor jack. Then i tighten the T hande and connect the pto shaft and hydraulic lines. Honestly, it takes me longer to plug the lines in than to hang the quick hitch under the tractor.

I pulled the trigger on a 2782a with hydraulic chute rotator for a total of $6000. That includes the dealer coming to pick up my tractor, installing, and returning it. I live about 30 miles from the dealer. I'm ok with this.

I'm trying to decide about the deflector. Smfcpacfp, thanks for your input. I don't have any neighbors to worry about, either, but I think it would be handy, especially when the wind is blowing.

thanks for the help.

This probably the best way to go. Get it installed and try it out, then decide if you even need a chute deflector control. I live in a neighborhood, and i need to be able to put snow where i want....... especially since i do a couple of my neighbors' driveways. If i lived out in the sticks it wouldn't matter if i were dumping the snow far or near. There is a couple hundred dollars to be saved by installing the electric deflector control, but i felt the hydraulic kit was best for me. Post us a few pictures when you have the blower installed...... we love pictures here.

/ Removing fel - installing snowblower #16  
I have a B7800 with the front mount blower. I have the hydraulic chute rotator and an electric chute deflector. I didn't think I'd need to operate the deflector but figured I would get it anyway. I am very glad I did! I've had this set up for 5 years with no problems other than a few shear bolts. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

/ Removing fel - installing snowblower #17  
I have a small wheel dolly that the quick hitch sits on. I slide this under the tractor to get it in position. I hook the front lip and then shim the back with scrap lumber until the holes line up and the pin can be inserted. I don't need any help whatsoever which is nice :)

/ Removing fel - installing snowblower #18  
WOW - $6K for a snowblower?? I know that's the "cadillac" way to go but I bought a new 60 inch for $1300 for a pto mount. Just can't grasp why a front mount is that much more. Oh well, considering I don't have a cab either I guess driving backwards is the least of my worries!

/ Removing fel - installing snowblower #19  
The hydraulic rotator and quick hitch adds quite a bit to the cost. Convenient and awesome but not cheap.

/ Removing fel - installing snowblower #20  
Steve, I can only say what works for me. I grab the quick hitch by the nose, and slide the back end under the tractor from the front. Then i hang it on the front crossmember (without tightening it). The rear will be resting on the floor at this point. I stand by the front tire and push down on the nose of the quick hitch with one foot, which raises the back end into position..... then slide the pin through. No need for a floor jack.

I do this but it never lines up correctly to put the pin in, so the floor jack helps. You can hold the quick hitch down with one foot and reach back to the middle of the tractor and stick the pin in by yourself?? With the floor jack, I could do the job by myself, but not without it. In any event I have my wife to help, and being retired, we aren't in too big a hurry. :)