Kubota FEL Fixed

/ Kubota FEL Fixed #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share a quick fix I performed on my FEL in case anyone else experienced the same problem I had.

Anytime it got below freezing my FEL lever would not go to the down position (lever up). The problem was water in the aluminum cup on the bottom of the valve. (dealer told me) I removed the cup (2 SHCS) and cleaned it out. I put some oil on the springs and reassembled it. Hopefully that will keep it going for the winter. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I was surprised the screws were not metric. I guess the valve was made in the USA?

Kevin

/ Kubota FEL Fixed #2  
Common problem with some Kubota valve's...The fix is to drill a drain hole and pack the cup with grease.

Oh, and Husco makes the valves for Kubota.

/ Kubota FEL Fixed #4  
Common problem with some Kubota valve's...The fix is to drill a drain hole and pack the cup with grease.

This advice is right on. You need to unscrew the 4 cylinders located below the FEL controls. They can be unscrewed with an adjustable wrench, with some patience. These cylinders hold the return springs for the FEL controls.

Once you have them out, you will find water in them.

I had the same problem, packed mine with grease last year, and have had no other problems. Some folks recommend to drill a small drain hole. I considered it, it would probably work, but packing with grease was easier.

/ Kubota FEL Fixed #5  

i agree-small hole

/ Kubota FEL Fixed #6  
I had mine replaced a few yrs back under warranty. The new one OEM had a small hole drilled in it....No problems since.:)