How easy/hard to remove MMM from 2620?

/ How easy/hard to remove MMM from 2620? #1  

GPintheMitten

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 with BH65 backhoe, Ford 2N
I'm thinking of upgrading to a B2620 with a FEL and MMM. But one of my concerns is how easy or hard is it to put the MMM on and off when you want to do some serious work with the FEL? How long does it take etc? If it is a pain, then I might consider a rear finish mower. Thanks.

Also, who with a 2620 is doing rotary tiller work? What size do you have and how well does it work for you? Enough pto HP? Thanks.

/ How easy/hard to remove MMM from 2620? #2  
I'm assuming that the machine you're looking at has a similar removal method that the older BX's have...Not a big thing to remove the mmm, but I wouldn't want to do it once a week. I almost never take mine off...FEL or BH, it doesn't get in the way. I move tri-axle loads of limestone and dirt with the mmm mounted, no problem. Just have to keep an eye on what you're doing.

/ How easy/hard to remove MMM from 2620? #3  
It's not bad at all. It has the drive over feature but I've never used it. I turn the scalp wheels sideways, lower it, disconnect the rear and front linkage, unhook the PTO and wheel it right out.

/ How easy/hard to remove MMM from 2620? #4  
I am with Evil on this. I don't do the drive over because it rolls out so easy sideways. I got my 2620 with FEL, MMM, and BH as a do-all setup and have been very pleased with being able to attach and detach equipment with no tools. There are days that I will have taken every ipmlement on or off to do chores and it doesn't bother me. I do all of this on level concrete which really helps. I think the only part about the mmm that is bothersome is hooking the drive shaft back up, but isn't that bad with the the spring collar and pinning it up if I use the 3pt., it's hard to get to the front pins.

Good Luck!:)

/ How easy/hard to remove MMM from 2620? #5  
To extend the thought here: For those who have removed/re-installed an MMM on both a BX or B, is the BX much more a PITA given the more limited space? Did you/do you find the B much easier to deal with the MMM removal/re-install?

/ How easy/hard to remove MMM from 2620? #6  
I had a BX23 for 3 mowing seasons and a B3030 now for 3. I find the MMM on the B to be much easier on and off, primarily hooking the PTO shaft back up because there is so much more room to get in there. On my BX23 I would call the MMM pretty easy on and off, on my B I call it very easy on and off. As others have said I have had it on and off more than once in a day and frequently several times in a week. I just don't find it to be that hard at all.

The only thing that I struggle with sometimes is getting the BH back on. Off is easy, but lining it up just right to get it on can sometimes take me 15 minutes plus, not to change the topic.

/ How easy/hard to remove MMM from 2620? #7  
I am on my fourth Kubota. Had two BX's with 60 inch MMM and now a B AND a ZD21. For me taking the MMM off and on was a major PIA. I am not as young as I once was and the thought of getting on my hands, knees and back on a weekly basis made me jump into a dedicated mower when I decided to move up to my B. Now I can play er...work, freely without having the MMM in the way. Yes there are many +'s to the MMM (ie extra weight / ballast, no extra engine to maintain etc) but for me on the average once a week on and off was too much. I would however think that hooking up the mid PTO would be easier since the B offers more room over the BX but for me I will never go back to a MMM. But then again thats me.

Now, where did the ZD go? Between my father and gf I can never seems to get any seat time since they are having too much fun :mad:

And AMR - I have to laugh (again not trying to highjack here) but when I had the BX22 the BH was off or on in just a few minutes but with the new B its a 15 min job (thats if the stars and moon are alighed just right!)