Snow snow plow on kubota rtv 900

/ snow plow on kubota rtv 900 #1  

ohiojim

anybody have a after market snow plow on there rtv ? I looked at a couple . just don;t know what one;s best .

/ snow plow on kubota rtv 900 #2  
Actually, the Kubota plow IS an aftermarket unit. Mine has both labels on it.

Ken

/ snow plow on kubota rtv 900 #3  
BTW, just put my plow on. It's a Curtis/Kubota.

Ken

/ snow plow on kubota rtv 900 #4  
I just purchased and installed a Blizzard 680 snowplow on my rtv900. I am very impressed with it. Very heavy duty and works great with my 1200 ft driveway. I priced a kubota/curtis commercial grade plow and the Blizzard was considerably less.

/ snow plow on kubota rtv 900 #5  
We have sold both and they are good units. The RTV with the heft of the machine is amazing as to how much it will push!

/ snow plow on kubota rtv 900 #6  
One thing to be aware of, when adding a plow to an RTV, the front end is supposed to be beefed up, either heavier springs or shocks, IIRC. I forget which our dealer put on ours. Even with that, the front end sinks a couple of inches when the plow is picked up.

Ken

/ snow plow on kubota rtv 900 #7  
I put the heavy duty struts and springs on when I put the cab on. With the plow raised it does squat the machine a bit but it carries it well and certainly doesnt bottom out the springs.

/ snow plow on kubota rtv 900 #8  
I've seen one of these units in action a few times on my way to/from work. I'd guess that this guy really doesn't have it down yet. The machine seems to be stuck high & dry on drifts more than it is plowing the driveway.