Tire tube for Kubota B21 - front Tire

/ Tire tube for Kubota B21 - front Tire #1  

nvr-enuf

Silver Member
Hello everyone - I have a 1997 kubota B21 with a leaking front tire, slow leak around the bead. I would like to simply put an inner tube in the tire but I am not having any luck finding a tube for a 23 X 8.5 X 14 wheel.

Any help would be appreciated - I tried the slime, probably help for a short term fix but I want a long term fix. I did speak to a garage and the guy thought that most tractor tires have inner tube so that you do not rely on the bead seal.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

/ Tire tube for Kubota B21 - front Tire #2  
I bought a used B21 about a year ago. Had a slow leak in one of the front tires. I ended up going to discount tire for a replacement tube, (mine has tubes on the front, tubeless on the rear). The tires were pretty worn, and so I ended up buying a new tube, tire and warrenty for around $150. I went back a week later and got the other tire and tube replaced. By the way, these tires and tubes were not in stock at the local location, but it only took a couple of days to transfer them in.

I knew the front tires were not in that good a shape but was hoping to get by for awhile... I'm pretty frugal, but decided while ordering the tube that good tires were a smart investment. Hope this helps...

/ Tire tube for Kubota B21 - front Tire #3  
Scott, you can use any automotive 14" tube. I just ordered some tubes
from AgriSupply.com.

That said, SLIME is amazing stuff, which I discovered only a few years
ago....it can be a "permanent" fix. At least until you wear out your
front tires and get new ones. BTW, I got some new blem R4 tires that
size from Nebraska Tire for only $60, delivered.

/ Tire tube for Kubota B21 - front Tire #4  
with a leaking front tire, slow leak around the bead.

Perfect situation for slime or other stop leaks adatives.

Otherwise dismount the tire bead, clean the rim , apply lots of sealant to bead and put it all back together again.:D

/ Tire tube for Kubota B21 - front Tire #5  
Try Googling "23x8.50x14 tube". Lots of hits.

/ Tire tube for Kubota B21 - front Tire #6  
I have a BX 22 that has constant leaks around the rim. Just last week, I found that the wheel was spinning on the rim. The cause is two fold.. Kubota did a great job painting the rim, and the tubeless tire bead slips on this paint. The other problem is that when you use Rim Guard for ballast, it acts as a lubricant. I have found that if I inflate the tire to the maximum on the tires specification, that the problem goes away for a while. The only real solution is to remove the tire, and sand the inside lip of the rim, which is more work than I want to do. If the tires were not filled with Rim Guard, it would be an easy fix, however, I don't have the equipment to pump the liquid our or to put it back in, so I just live with it...

/ Tire tube for Kubota B21 - front Tire #7  
Perfect situation for slime or other stop leaks adatives.

Otherwise dismount the tire bead, clean the rim , apply lots of sealant to bead and put it all back together again.:D

That is what I did. The key is you have to get both surfaces clean and smooth (sanded), then you can grease 'em up and remount.

Even with a plug in one, they both hold air, just fine.

/ Tire tube for Kubota B21 - front Tire #8  
The other problem is that when you use Rim Guard for ballast, it acts as a lubricant. I have found that if I inflate the tire to the maximum on the tires specification, that the problem goes away for a while.

Yeah, you are in a tough situation. Removing fluid from the tire is a big
job, and filling them ain't that easy either. An inner tube won't work too
well for leaks in your case since as soon as the tire spins on the rim, it
will break the valve stem of the tube.

Your best bet is to keep the pressure maxed out to minimize leaks and
spinning.

/ Tire tube for Kubota B21 - front Tire #9  
I have BX2350 with 18 x 8.50 x 10 front tires. Does anyone know where I can get a 18 x 8.50 x 10 tube. Can find lots of 18 x 8.5 x 8 tubes but 8" is too narrow and will split.