Kubota B21 - skid steer style loader quick attach?

/ Kubota B21 - skid steer style loader quick attach? #1  

nvr-enuf

Silver Member
Hello everyone - I am in need of converting the loader of my 1997 Kubota B21 to accept quick attachments like a skid steer does. I would like to have forks and possibly attach a small snow plow.

I checked with a local company for the conversion but the cost was pretty expensive since theirs was pretty heavy duty

Any suggestions would be helpful

/ Kubota B21 - skid steer style loader quick attach? #2  
It could be done. There probably are other B series parts that would work without modification. However the quick attach frame is going to add weight to the FEL and decrease lifting capacity. Our B21s have limited lifiting capacity already.

I made a set of 2.5" steel tubing receivers with 2" steel tubing forks for my FEL bucket. The 2.5" receivers are welded into the bottom of the bucket from the back to the front. The work the same as a truck receiver hitch. This project cost less than $150. I can pin the three forks in place in a few minutes. It added little weight and a lot of stiffness to the bucket.

/ Kubota B21 - skid steer style loader quick attach? #3  
NVR-ENUF,

Try the Farmers Factory in Illinois - the specialize in buckets and couplers. Find them online.

If they don't have it, they can likely build it and it will outlast the tractor.

/ Kubota B21 - skid steer style loader quick attach? #4  
When I purchased my B21 new in 2003 I had this installed by my dealer. I'm in Canada and they used a product from a company called Horst welding. They cut the factory attachment stuff off the bucket, welded the skidsteer adapter to the back of the factory bucket and then installed their adapter with skid steer tractor part on the factory pins.

If you purchase a third party product, the geometry of the pins is critical in maintaining your roll back and dumping angles. I had to have the dealer adjust the pin locations on the Horst plate since initially I had too much roll back and not enough dumping angle but Horst had just started making this adapter in 2003. I then was able to use a set of forks and never noticed any problem with load capacity. I could lift a full bucket of dirt 6' to dump into my trailer and cart it away.

I traded the B21 for a B26 in October and my old forks and my trailer moving attachment fit just fine on the factory skid steer attachment on the B26.