Chains L3400 HST tire chains - anybody found some that fit?

/ L3400 HST tire chains - anybody found some that fit? #1  

StrangeRanger

Gold Member
Tractor
L3400 HST
I've heard quite a few horror stories of folks trying to fit chains on their L3400 HST. Has anyone had any success in fitting some chains? Please provide a link or other info if you have.
Thanks,
j

/ L3400 HST tire chains - anybody found some that fit? #2  
What size tires are on your tractor? I think you can find the chains, the issues I have heard about are mostly about clearance with the r-4's.

/ L3400 HST tire chains - anybody found some that fit?
What size tires are on your tractor? I think you can find the chains, the issues I have heard about are mostly about clearance with the r-4's.

Ya, that's the exact issue I was talking about. I've got R4's on mine and according to the spec sheet they're 27 x 8.5-15's and 15-19.5R4.
j

/ L3400 HST tire chains - anybody found some that fit? #4  
SR.
I have R4's on my L2800 and dealer told me I would need spacers..about $350.oo..for chain clearance.

/ L3400 HST tire chains - anybody found some that fit? #5  
In order to have enough clearance between the R4 tires and fenders I had to add wheel spacers to my B3030. I was about $300 installed at the dealer. I didn't want to do it because of the weight of the loaded tires. Go to tirechains.com for your chains. They should have your size.

/ L3400 HST tire chains - anybody found some that fit?
$300 for spacers!?!? Do they make you breakfast and coffee too? Geesh, guess I'll forget about chains.
j

/ L3400 HST tire chains - anybody found some that fit? #7  
Do what the loggers do. deflate the tires a bit (most of the air out of the filled ones, valves up), cinch the chains up pretty snug and then refill the tires, making sure every cross chain is straight actoss the tread.

/ L3400 HST tire chains - anybody found some that fit? #8  
I heard yet to check it out..heavy duty studs install,which could open whole other can $$'s worms. :eek:

/ L3400 HST tire chains - anybody found some that fit? #9  
I have a 07 L2800, Rear are R4s 15X19.5 and front are 27X8.5 15. I have the V-Bar chains on the rear, and front. When I bought the chains I would get a tick from the chain hitting the rear fender on my right side only. I just took my hand and pulled the fender out a little and it seemed to solved the problem. I put my chains on in November, and take them off usually in April. I cut all my wood for the following year so the chains are really working in the woods plus plowing snow. The front are no problem at all. The tractor is like a bulldozer with the chains on, you cant stop it.