Jump Starting Farm Truck from Kubota

/ Jump Starting Farm Truck from Kubota #1  

hcody

Tractor
Kubota MX5000
I have a 88 Toyota pickup that is left out on my property, battery dead or very low. Is it ok to jump start it from my two year old Kubota MX5000? It's parked next to it and because it's muddy I don't want to bring in my other pickup.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

/ Jump Starting Farm Truck from Kubota #2  
I have a 88 Toyota pickup that is left out on my property, battery dead or very low. Is it ok to jump start it from my two year old Kubota MX5000? It's parked next to it and because it's muddy I don't want to bring in my other pickup.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

12 volts is 12 volts. The truck does not care where the 12 volts comes from. Alternator equipped vehicles will sometimes not start if the battery is completely dead. Also be sure and connect positive to positive. One trick I recently saw used to start a vehicle with a dead battery was to disconnect the battry and connect one of the battery jump packs that are popular now.

/ Jump Starting Farm Truck from Kubota #4  
I would suggest that you hook up the positive battery to battery, but then hook the ground to some ground spot on the trcuk/tractor and not to the battery ground.

/ Jump Starting Farm Truck from Kubota #5  
I would suggest that you hook up the positive battery to battery, but then hook the ground to some ground spot on the truck/tractor and not to the battery ground.

That is the correct procedure.:D

/ Jump Starting Farm Truck from Kubota #6  
I keep a marine battery charged on the work bench for this kind of thing. Usually easier than opening the hood on the tractor/truck and fumbling around in cold rainy weather to hook up cables.