Snow snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #1  

donn12

Platinum Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB turfs and loaded ags
I had a blast clearing my driveway after the big 20" snowfall in northern virginia. I used my BX24 with rear box blade and my Polaris 800 atv with plow. When one of them would get stuck I would use the other to get it out or use the winch on the atv. I was really feeling proud of the tools I have for this situation and mostly for my incredible skill and talent removing snow.
One part of my driveway has a 9 inch drop off to the yard and I moved a pile too far back and dropped the front tires of the BX off the driveway. I did not attempt to use the loader to push it back BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT TO HURT THE GRASS. The driveway was still covered and the ATV just spun its tires when I tried to pull it out.
2 things sealed my fate. I could not find my long tow strap (only the short one) and I decided to use my wife's truck because it has an open hook on the front.
To make a long story short I had to pull one wheel of her 6000 lb truck onto the snow I had piled up to hook up the strap. After I hooked it up I reversed, the tractor leaned one inch and then the front left of her truck fell through or off the pile and the front left dropped at least 1 1/2 feet. This is a great full time 4x4 with low and locking diffs so I had a chance. In the space of three hours I manuvered it so both fronts were off the driveway then three tires then all 4. During this time I also dug out the snow pile I was on at least 3 times. Front bumper against a small tree at one point with my wife looking through a window about 10 feet away. At another the truck was inches from the tractor. I sensed that she wold have ben furious if I tapped the 5 inch tree but happy if I hit the tractor. I put Firewood in the mud ruts the tires dug. The biggest problem was the 4 feet of snow I had piled up as it was the edge of the driveway. her truck was moving through and on this. Snow is falling like crazy hitting my face and filling her truck up. At dark I gave up and went in the house much less of a man than I was only hours before.
The next day I got it out of the ruts on my own, plowed the driveway so it was clear and hooked my truck up to hers for insurance. I was aware that this was it and if this didn't work it would be in the yard for days. Still had to go over a 9 inch ledge to get over the driveway sideways. Wife in her truck, me in mine, got it right out. The yard is DESTROYED in an area 10 feet by 30ft.
The long tow strap was in my ATV about 5 feet away. Using that on my truck I popped the tractor out of the ditch in 1 second.

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed
here is the evidence

Attachments

• IMG_1463.JPG
    IMG_1463.JPG
    718.5 KB · Views: 1,196
  • IMG_1464.JPG
    IMG_1464.JPG
    810.8 KB · Views: 1,253
  • IMG_1461.JPG
    IMG_1461.JPG
    820.9 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_1462.JPG
    IMG_1462.JPG
    703.2 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_1455.JPG
    IMG_1455.JPG
    734.5 KB · Views: 1,281
  • IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    778.1 KB · Views: 1,190
   / snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #3  
Oh man, you are lucky to still be sleeping in the house! ;) BTW with the loader I just put the flat side down and lift the front, usually can back right out of a hole etc. The bottom of the bucket acts as a 'ski'. Not sure if this was what you were thinking or were you thinking you need to put it cutting edge down??

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #4  
Now that was a great story!

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #5  
I was reading your post thinking..."Man, I wish he had pictures!!" And lo and behold...pictures!!!

WHOOPS!!:D

Deano

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #6  
All of that and had fun,like they say have the fun getting there. :)

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #7  
looks like your license plate on the white suv says it all

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #8  
Hey we are not laughing at you, but with you. And I am sure we all have our little stories we could tell.

By mid-summer the lawn will look great!

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #9  
Only funny until someone gets hurt - then its HILARIOUS !!!

Maybe, one day, you'll get hurt enough to go shopping for a clue - clearly you NEED one.

Me ?
I wouldn't trust Ya with a kid's tricycle.

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #10  
You should write short stories, that was almost as good as Bill Bryson's "Walk in the Woods".