BX Series Block Heater ???

/ BX Series Block Heater ??? #1  

DIXIEDOG

Platinum Member
Tractor
International 2544 / Gator 825i/L2501/General
The dealer installed block heaters in all there tractors for the cold Maine winters. My question is how long before you use your tractor do you plug it in? Should it be left plugged in overnight? :confused:

/ BX Series Block Heater ??? #2  
better question is how do you feel about the large electric bill ? an 1/2 hour before starting up is sufficeint for the BX's.

/ BX Series Block Heater ??? #3  
Inspect them carefully. Be sure the dealer truly installed a block heater and did not just stick on a magnetic block heater. I am disappointed to say that I asked for the former but received the latter.

/ BX Series Block Heater ???
They installed the real deal block heater I just wasn't sure how long to plug it in. It looks like 1/2 hour it is. Thanks for the help guys :D

/ BX Series Block Heater ??? #6  
Inspect them carefully. Be sure the dealer truly installed a block heater and did not just stick on a magnetic block heater. I am disappointed to say that I asked for the former but received the latter.

I can only hope that you rectified the situation!:eek:
Actually they do really well. I thought about a block heater but I have started mine with the glow plug at -30f before and now it is in a heated garage so it's cool,:cool:

/ BX Series Block Heater ??? #7  
I can only hope that you rectified the situation!:eek:
Actually they do really well. I thought about a block heater but I have started mine with the glow plug at -30f before and now it is in a heated garage so it's cool,:cool:

I let it go. I took delivery in late July. I confess I trusted rather than verified. My mistake. What I did do is pick up another at TSC, and for now, I run two of them. We have daytime highs in the teens and it is snowing almost every other day, so this isn't a good time to pull a freeze plug. I can assure you that even with two, the engine is NOT warm to the touch on the far side from the magnetic heaters, but still, it starts right up fine. Mags are better than nothing, but not by a whole lot.

/ BX Series Block Heater ??? #8  
Sorry, Didn't mean to get you going, Only to reassure you that it will start even wen it is cold! ;) Relax!.. All is good!:D