Platinum Member
    Tractor
    International 2544 / Gator 825i

Default BX Series Block Heater ???

The dealer installed block heaters in all there tractors for the cold Maine winters. My question is how long before you use your tractor do you plug it in? Should it be left plugged in overnight?

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: BX Series Block Heater ???

better question is how do you feel about the large electric bill ? an 1/2 hour before starting up is sufficeint for the BX's.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Inspect them carefully. Be sure the dealer truly installed a block heater and did not just stick on a magnetic block heater. I am disappointed to say that I asked for the former but received the latter.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    International 2544 / Gator 825i

They installed the real deal block heater I just wasn't sure how long to plug it in. It looks like 1/2 hour it is. Thanks for the help guys

Tractor
    Kubota BX 2200

I turn it on for 1 hour before. Try 30 mins and see how warm the engine is by touching the the engine before you start it.
    AKA Tom
    #28 World Series Champions for the Yankees in 2014
    Kubota BX 2200, FEL, 60" MMM with Gator Blades, 48" Kioti Aerator, M96 Herd Seeder, W.R. Long Tooth Bar, 48" First Choice Tiller, Kubota BX 2750 Front Snowblower, Sims Cab, MacKissic Chipper TPH 122, Carry All, Canopy, and Weight Box

Tractor
    Kabota BX2350

Quote Originally Posted by bp fick View Post
    Inspect them carefully. Be sure the dealer truly installed a block heater and did not just stick on a magnetic block heater. I am disappointed to say that I asked for the former but received the latter.
    I can only hope that you rectified the situation!
    Actually they do really well. I thought about a block heater but I have started mine with the glow plug at -30f before and now it is in a heated garage so it's cool,
    BX2350, FEL, 54"mmm, 6' Woods rake, Kubota/GB 667 tiller, keenan Innovations weight box, Ripper and Log Dawg skidder!

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Quote Originally Posted by nh DRAGON View Post
    I can only hope that you rectified the situation!
    Actually they do really well. I thought about a block heater but I have started mine with the glow plug at -30f before and now it is in a heated garage so it's cool,
    I let it go. I took delivery in late July. I confess I trusted rather than verified. My mistake. What I did do is pick up another at TSC, and for now, I run two of them. We have daytime highs in the teens and it is snowing almost every other day, so this isn't a good time to pull a freeze plug. I can assure you that even with two, the engine is NOT warm to the touch on the far side from the magnetic heaters, but still, it starts right up fine. Mags are better than nothing, but not by a whole lot.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Tractor
    Kabota BX2350

Sorry, Didn't mean to get you going, Only to reassure you that it will start even wen it is cold! Relax!.. All is good!
    BX2350, FEL, 54"mmm, 6' Woods rake, Kubota/GB 667 tiller, keenan Innovations weight box, Ripper and Log Dawg skidder!