Break In Period

/ Break In Period #21  
Is there an hour number that you would stop varying the RPM for break in? I have 12 hours (between rain and cold there is nothing I can do with the BX) and was wondering if I need to stay with the RPM changing or can I stop now? And If I need to continue what is the magic number?

Break-in is necessary for a while say 5 -10 hours but I use a machine like I need to and it will do just fine...tractors, trucks, boats, small engines, etc.... a diesel will work best at it's higher RPM. I use mine like I stole it.

/ Break In Period
Thanks for all the responses and opinions. What I have been doing is running it at a RPM for about 10 to 15 minutes then bumping it up or down about 300 to 500 RPMS and run it from about 1700 to 2800 or 2900. I have used it to cut grass and move about 15 cubit yards of dirt and leveled it. I also take it out for a 30 minute Sunday drive on occasions. With all this I only have 13 hours on it now. What I was looking to find out was if I need to keep up the RPM changing of can I just forget it and operate it now. For mowing grass I would probably set the RPM and leave it for the 1.5 to 2 hours it takes to cut the grass. Will this harm the engine or do I need to keep changing the RPMs.

/ Break In Period #24  
For mowing grass I would probably set the RPM and leave it for the 1.5 to 2 hours it takes to cut the grass. Will this harm the engine or do I need to keep changing the RPMs.
No Sir. It will not hurt it. Use that machine like it was meant to be used.... Open up and move on. I usually mow at about 2100 - 2200 (in lieu of 2500) just because it gets the job done at that RPM.

Don't be afriad to get on it. You've got plenty of hours on it.

Other than a seating time for the engine components (just a few hours) I break in any engine like I am going to use it from there on out.

/ Break In Period #25  
What I was looking to find out was if I need to keep up the RPM changing of can I just forget it and operate it now. For mowing grass I would probably set the RPM and leave it for the 1.5 to 2 hours it takes to cut the grass. Will this harm the engine or do I need to keep changing the RPMs.
My opinion.
Forget about it and just use the tractor as needed.

/ Break In Period #26  
Thanks for all the responses and opinions. What I have been doing is running it at a RPM for about 10 to 15 minutes then bumping it up or down about 300 to 500 RPMS and run it from about 1700 to 2800 or 2900. I have used it to cut grass and move about 15 cubit yards of dirt and leveled it. I also take it out for a 30 minute Sunday drive on occasions. With all this I only have 13 hours on it now. What I was looking to find out was if I need to keep up the RPM changing of can I just forget it and operate it now. For mowing grass I would probably set the RPM and leave it for the 1.5 to 2 hours it takes to cut the grass. Will this harm the engine or do I need to keep changing the RPMs.

This use goes along with what I did and would do again. The only thing I didn't do was run it full RPM till after 50 hours as the manual stated, with each use I would vary the RPM a bit up or down.

/ Break In Period #27  
I have 850 hrs on my CK30HT. Somewhere in there I notice how much smother the engine ran but I think it was beyond 50 hrs. I just got a Mechtron and I notice the same rough engine I did on the tractor, Perhaps I'll take more notice this time. Mechtron is like a little tank. Its no speed demon but then I'm not either. It never leaves the farm. I'm pleased with both machines.