Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

Default My wife torments me

I love her...I truly do. But there are times I wonder if my wife does this to me on purpose.

This summer, after much crying, complaining and begging, I convinced my wife that she should let me get a mini excavator next year. Finally I thought, my ability to reason with her had worked.

She is used to me looking on-line at tractors, and just before Christmas I began "showing" her the B3030, including some of the video posted by TBN members. She seemed impressed at the tractor and amenities of the cab. I thought I had her sold on the benefits of all this- even to the point that she mentioned "you'll be in that thing all day"- to which I replied- "is that a bad thing?" She smiled. Victory was mine.

Today, I spent over two hours moving snow with the B7510 and loader. 14 inches had fallen and I ended up with snow piles almost 10 feet high by the time I was done. When I came in, snow covered, icicles on my mustache- she commented, I think you should look into getting the tractor with the cab.

I became excited- "I'm sure we would get a deal on purchasing both at once". She replied "Who says you are getting both?"

So much for my ability to reason. Back to the drawing board. I wonder if it is truly easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission?

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default Re: My wife torments me

I have been married for 46 yrs. I am here to say you will be much happier if you come to realize your wife is right........
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 5740, loaded R1's w/642 lbs cast weight, 854 loader

"I wonder if it is truly easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission?"

Yes.

I keep telling myself that.
    I haven't been forgiven for a few things yet but at least I have my tractor.
    KK 72" tiller Rears SPF 72 inch Flail, FL960 knives, Cammond BS72E 6 foot BB,
    HF Quick hitch, RBT3584 rear blade.
    assorted two and 4 row diamond bar equipment, all junky.
    20 ft Big Tex 70CH
    Maxey 14000# 16'x83" GN dump trailer
    Oliver 6241 3 bottom rollover moldboard plow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEStYYl1Ts
    I like straight furrows
    1960 model 102 Ford 14 inch two bottom rollover plow on my little L3240

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by allen in texas View Post
    "I wonder if it is truly easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission?"

Yes.

I keep telling myself that.
    I haven't been forgiven for a few things yet but at least I have my tractor.
    Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!!!!

Deano
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Ford 2N

CBW, strike while the iron is hot...or while the mustache is still frozen.

First thing tomorrow, go by the B3030 with a cab, loader and backhoe and anything else you can fit on your trailer. Run!

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Ford 2N

By the way, you have to be careful when the wife gives you permission.

I saw a motorcycle ad that said he needed to sell it after owning only a brief time. He said apparently, "Do whatever the ......(blank).... you want" doesn't mean what he thought it meant.

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Quote Originally Posted by CBW1999 View Post
    So much for my ability to reason. Back to the drawing board. I wonder if it is truly easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission?
    You are dealing with SWMBO, She Who Must Be Obeyed, if they rule, your only outlet is pitiful whines on forums like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBW1999 View Post
    This summer, after much crying, complaining and begging, I convinced my wife that she should let me get a mini excavator next year. Finally I thought, my ability to reason with her had worked.
    So it's January 3rd - Where's your miniex?
    What - She told you to get it and you didn't?? You should have had the papers filled out the DAY she said OK with delivery 01/01/10 payment after delivery.

If SWMBO says OK and she is not under the influence of babies, drugs, chocolate or PMS strike while the iron is hot!
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    kubota b2620

what about a compromise? Get the B3030 with a nice backhoe and thumb and rear blade or Box blade.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    I have been married for 46 yrs. I am here to say you will be much happier if you come to realize your wife is right........
    are they not "always" right

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Remember the vows.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast