Battery suggestions for BX2350

/ Battery suggestions for BX2350 #1  

PA-Woodchuck

Tractor
2008 BX2350 FEL
The manual calls for a 526RA 535 CCA. I'm open for suggestions for replacement. Please provide battery brand name and part number as the only place I have in my area is tractor supply, the dealer, and various auto parts

regards,

/ Battery suggestions for BX2350 #2  
Just measure the H x L x W of the battery and find one at Costco or Sam's Club if one of them is in your area. Be sure to note the + and - terminals are correctly aligned. Even a Sears Diehard would work.

You can get a nicer, more powerful battery than stock by doing this. That is what I did with my BX2200 and if it fits in the battery tray it will work fine.

BTW, are you close to Meadville, PA - my home town?

/ Battery suggestions for BX2350
gwdixon, thanks for the reply. From my research I'm coming up with my battery being a group 26R which sears lists in the Diehard $80. Will check it out Saturday.

Well I'm south of you in zipcode 15613(Apollo PA). How's the snow up there... as we got over 15inches on the ground.

/ Battery suggestions for BX2350 #4  
THE YELLOW MAX FROM WALLMART HAS WORKED FOR ME FOR 4 YEARS. ABOUT 900 COLD CRANKING AMPS

/ Battery suggestions for BX2350 #5  
The manual calls for a 526RA 535 CCA. I'm open for suggestions for replacement. Please provide battery brand name and part number as the only place I have in my area is tractor supply, the dealer, and various auto parts

regards,

Wow how old is the battery? I am still on the original battery from 2002. The difference may be I use a solar charger when not using the tractor. Or just dumb luck.:eek:

Tractor is just over 2.5 years old, but who knows how long the battery sat on the shelf at the dealer before installing it. Saturday... I'm going to test the battery at work on our Midtronics battery tester. The Midtronics is what most dealers and parts store use. I happen to work for a VW dealer.

Here's the last reply from my glow plug testing posting.

Thanks for the input, but I think I may have a weak battery. Today on startup with 10second glow and about 10 or second crank I noticed the cranking slowing down just before it started. I'm going to hav battery tested Saturday but sure it will fail since it's at least 2.5 years old. The manual calls for a 526RA 535 CCA. I'm open for suggestion for replacment.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/161175-checking-glow-plugs-bx2350.html

/ Battery suggestions for BX2350 #8  
When you buy a battery you are buying lead... Get the heaviest battery you can find, that fits the battery box. (yes I know there are ways to make light weight batteries appear to have higher CCA, but they will not continue to perform like a heavy weight.).
Do as gwdixon suggested: measure and get the most pounds for the $... KennyV

/ Battery suggestions for BX2350 #9  
If it was me I would be looking at a Deka or some of the spiral wound AGM batteries. I just do not like the idea of a flooded lead acid battery next to the radiator in case it starts gassing and boiling acid all over the place.

David Kb7uns

David Kb7uns, mine does have a the orignal Deka battery.

I did test the battery today at work and other than being low on charge it tested OK. Since the Kubota does rest in an unheated garage I installed an battery maintainer. Will see how this does and follow up over the next few weeks.