Please Help - B2150 Loader Hydraulic connections

/ Please Help - B2150 Loader Hydraulic connections #1  

buzst

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2150HSD
I took the loader (la350a) off the machine for the first time this weekend. Never thought to check to see if the Color-coding on the hydraulic hoses had a matching color on the valve. When I went to reattach the loader and connect the hoses I found no color codes on the valve. Can anyone tell me the proper connection order? If I just keep trying until I find a combination that will work, will I do any damage? Thanks in advance.

/ Please Help - B2150 Loader Hydraulic connections #2  
Re: Please Help - B2150 Loader Hydraulic connectio

You may have to look close for the color coding. For some reason they get more paint on the hose end of the line than the valve side. A flashlight and a rag help a lot. I assume you will be adding some paint of your own when you get it stright./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Be carefull just hooking them up and trying them out. If you hook them up wrong and apply a lot of preasure you could blow a line or damage a seal. You should be able to find some paint to go by. If you can do this for two hoses, and they are on the same side of the valve, then you can carefully try the other two, and switch them if they are wrong. Remember if they are wrong that the loader will move in new and wonderfull ways, so be carefull. Good Luck

/ Please Help - B2150 Loader Hydraulic connections #3  
I had a similar problem on my 670...the bucket hoses weren't marked (the mast hoses were). Now, my machine is a Deere, but should be similar.

If you have the loader manual, have it handy. It should indicate which connection (on the tractor end) does what (that is raise the mast, lower the mast, curl the bucket, uncurl the bucket).

You'll want to be more concerned about the mast as that is what you'll need to re-install your loader

Hook one (1) loader line up to your tractor. If your manual does, in fact, describe the position of each line on the tractor, hook that first line to the connection that lowers the FEL. Start the machine and run at a low RPM. Push your lever in the direction (slowly!!!!) that would lower the FEL and see what happens.
If it does anything else (raise the masts, control the bucket), affix a tag to the loader line you just tested with a brief description of what it did. Of course, if that connection did what you expected, leave it hooked up.

Then, do the same with each line. Make sure you shut the engine down after each test and relieve the hydrualic pressure as you normally would.

If you don't have the manual, you can try to follow the lines (on the FEL) to see where each on goes (a line leading to the piston end of a cylinder would retract that cylinder...a line leading to the end opposite of the piston would actuate that cylinder.

If you cannot trace the FEL lines back, you'll just have to try different combinations. Try one line at a time. Hook it up to the tractor end connection, start the machine and move your SCV lever until the loader or bucket cylinders move. If that line doesn't do what the position of the lever indicates it should do, again, affix a tag and mark what the loader lines does actuate. Then shut down, relieve the pressure, and move that loader line to the next tractor end connection. You'll have a maximum of 4 trial until it's connected correctly. Then, the next line..follow the same procedure one FEL line at a time. The second connection will require a maximum of three trials. Then the third FEL line (2 trials) and the fourth will be obvious.

This will take you a while. But as long as you're systematic about it, you'll get your loader hooked up correctly. Just take your time, go slow in the FEL lever movements.

If you've got someone that can help you, let them watch the cylinder movement. The cylinders will start to extend or retract before the mast or FEL starts to move..just a slight advantage...but still an advantage.

Once you get them hooked up properly, make sure you mark or label them so you don't go through this drill next time. I used wire ties (4 different colors, 2 of each color).

/ Please Help - B2150 Loader Hydraulic connections
Thanks for the pointers. I had always thought that 2 hoses were required to complete the circuit. trial and error with one will be much easier.

/ Please Help - B2150 Loader Hydraulic connections #5  
"I had always thought that 2 hoses were required to complete the circuit. trial and error with one will be much easier. "

Two connections are required for full movement..one to curl the bucket, one to uncurl. And, one to raise the FEL, one to lower.

You're just looking for enough movement to see which hose does what.

Good luck on this..keep us posted how ya do.