B7800 w/cab fueling

/ B7800 w/cab fueling #11  
DHD,

Going on 7 years on the pump, no problems. Just replaced the original "D" batteries for the pump in November 09.

I think it is the best solution. I use the pump year round it makes the entire fuel process very easy.

/ B7800 w/cab fueling
DHD,

Going on 7 years on the pump, no problems. Just replaced the original "D" batteries for the pump in November 09.

I think it is the best solution. I use the pump year round it makes the entire fuel process very easy.

Sounds like the solution.
Wow! 7 years on the original "D" batteries, thats unbelievable.

In the link you provided in your earlier thread:

American Wickョ Kerosene Battery Operated Syphon Pump (S175) - Kerosene Heater Wicks & Accessories - Ace Hardware

Do you think that pump maybe a little different than your "D" battery pump that you bought 7 years ago ?

I noticed under Product detail it states that pump requires two "AA" batteries.
Those smaller "AA" batteries probably wouldn't last 7 years like your "D" battery unit.
I wonder if it pumps less fuel per minute than your "D" battery unit ?
Maybe a "D" battery unit is still be available ?

In the "AA" battery unit it states 1.5 gallons a minute.
Thats 3.33333 minutes to empty a 5 gallon can of fuel,
that seems faster than what I could empty the 5 gallon can, via gravity feed thru the vented nozzle.

So even if it wasn't as fast as your Kerosene Pump, it seems it would be better than what I have now.

Still, I may look around for a "D" battery unit like yours.

/ B7800 w/cab fueling
I do not have a cab but I do have a LA 402 loader with the brace in the way. I pull the QA pins like I'm takeing off the loader pull back on the loader cotrol lever just enough for the brace to move out of the way fill the tank and replace the pins. It take just a few seconds, less time than it takes to wipe fuel off my hood.

Shine
Having had my loader for only a few days, I have never tried to remove it yet.
Perhaps if I had tried I would have noticed what you described about the brace
moving out of the way enough to fuel.
I appreciate you sharing that info.

/ B7800 w/cab fueling #15  
I do not have a cab but I do have a LA 402 loader with the brace in the way. I pull the QA pins like I'm takeing off the loader pull back on the loader cotrol lever just enough for the brace to move out of the way fill the tank and replace the pins. It take just a few seconds, less time than it takes to wipe fuel off my hood.

DHD
Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMGP0777.jpg
    IMGP0777.jpg
    543.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMGP0778.jpg
    IMGP0778.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMGP0779.jpg
    IMGP0779.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 146
   / B7800 w/cab fueling
DHD
Here are some pics.

Thanks for letting me see your pictures.

I think thats about all the room I'd need for fueling with my 5 gallon container,
even with the cab inplace.
I should let my Kubota dealer know about that.
Just before I had my loader installed,
I mentioned this potentiel fueling issue problem to my Kubota dearlership and asked them
what other folks were doing who also had cabs on their tractor.
They had no suggestions.

I like the looks of that heavy duty tooth bar on your bucket, is it mounted on a 60" bucket ?

/ B7800 w/cab fueling #17  
Thanks for letting me see your pictures.

I like the looks of that heavy duty tooth bar on your bucket, is it mounted on a 60" bucket ?

Thats a 54 inch bucket with a markham welding tooth bar. Markham builds them to your bucket size. Call them with your inside bucket mesurement and they will build you one at a good price.

/ B7800 w/cab fueling
DHD,

I gave you the link as an example as to what the pump looks like. I have no idea of the exact model I have, it was too long ago.:D

I found a Kero World "D" battery model one at a local True Value store.
Thanks for sharing your experience with your siphon pump.

/ B7800 w/cab fueling #20  
Here is a picture of the $2.99 hand powered fuel filler from TSC. I've used these for years and they work great. I set the 5 gallon container on the hood and get it to start pumping, wait till it's filled or container empty then get the container off the hood. I do like the idea of the battery operated one and may get one of them but for 7 times the money I have to worry about keeping a working battery in it. Also when my wife loses this one I'm only out $2.99 instead of $20. For some reason she has to move anything I have setting around.:)
21st Century Manual Siphon Pump - 3050305 | Tractor Supply Company