Oil & Fuel Oil Filter Cross Reference

/ Oil Filter Cross Reference #1  

hepnerj

Tractor
Kubota L4330
Does anyone here have a cross reference for a L4330 oil filter?? I would like to cross it too Fram..

Thanks

John

/ Oil Filter Cross Reference #2  
Let me start by saying I hate oil filter crossreferencing.
If I had to guess I'd say that phram probabally has 30 or 40 different oil filters that would work. There is only a handful of different thread sizes and only a handfull of o-ring sizes. If you go to any part store, it doesn't take much to find 3 identical filters that one is maybe a 1/4 inch deeper and one may be a 1/4 inch wider, etc.

That said, two of the best websites for crossing are wix and fram. Fram doesnt list the kubotas but wix does.

Just to show you how messed up it is, kubotas website lists your filter # as HH164-32430, which is the same as my l3400.

Going to wix's site, and look up your tractor, lists a 51311 (which is a NAPA 1311). They list my 3400 as a 51307 (napa 1307)

Going back to fram, cross the wix/napa #'s to fram and the 1311 is a PH7328 and the 1307 is a PH16.

Both the PH16 and PH7328 are full flow spin-ons, with 3/4-16 thread, anti drainback, 12psi relief valve, same diameter. The only diff is the 3/4-16 is 3.69" tall and the PH7328 is 3.09" tall.

The PH8a will also work, but is is 5.14" tall. The ph3600 is the same height as a 8a, just skinnier, and the ph3614 is a shorter version of the 3600.

Allright I am done ranting. Any of the filters I mentioned will work. They all have the same thread, o-ring, relief setting, and drainback valve. I, as I almost always do, opt for the largest filter that will fit. Larger = more volume, and most of the time, more media. I am running the wix equivellent of the PH8a. It is about 2" taller that the std kubota filter, and it touches the plastic side panel, but it doesnt bother me.

/ Oil Filter Cross Reference #4  
I am also wondering why you would deliberately want to cross to fram?
Fram is better than no filter, but only slightly better than no filter at all. KennyV

/ Oil Filter Cross Reference
LD...

Thanks and I feel your pain also. I had done the exact same thing and come up with the exact same results.

/ Oil Filter Cross Reference #6  
I tried this once for my BX2230, found the Wix number and then searched for more info on internet and came across a guy that was doing reviews on some filters and the Wix was one of them. Only problem was that these reviews were for motorcyles and he had cut them apart to show the media and the valves of each one. Some of these filters were half air inside, so I went to the dealer and got the Kubota ones end of story. Not worth it to save a few dollars in my book.

David Kb7uns

/ Oil Filter Cross Reference #7  
Not worth it to save a few dollars in my book.

David Kb7uns

I don't want to start an oil/oil filter battle, but I dont do it to save money.

I choose not to use kubota brand products because I believe there are better products avaliable.

While I would not use the PH line of Fram filters, their XG and TG line are close to the top. As well as Purolators, Napa Golds, and WIX. Iuse all of these, it just depends on where I go for supplies. Try to stay away from the Fram PH line, as well as pennzoil, STP, and supertech brand. If I remember they are near the bottom.

When it comes to hydraulics, Donaldson and Hasting top my list. But I still use the Kubota Hyd filter because I cant find a cross to either, plus the kubota has a magnet around the rim.

/ Oil Filter Cross Reference #8  
I don't want to start an oil/oil filter battle, but I dont do it to save money.

I choose not to use kubota brand products because I believe there are better products avaliable.

While I would not use the PH line of Fram filters, their XG and TG line are close to the top. As well as Purolators, Napa Golds, and WIX. Iuse all of these, it just depends on where I go for supplies. Try to stay away from the Fram PH line, as well as pennzoil, STP, and supertech brand. If I remember they are near the bottom.

When it comes to hydraulics, Donaldson and Hasting top my list. But I still use the Kubota Hyd filter because I cant find a cross to either, plus the kubota has a magnet around the rim.

What is your opinion of Fleetguard filters?
You do know that you can remove the magnet from a Kubota hydraulic filter and stick it on a Wix?

/ Oil Filter Cross Reference #9  
If I remember correctly the fleetguards were somewhere in the middle. I have read a lot of reviews on filters where guys cut them appart and measure the sq in of filter media, type of media wether paper or synthetic, type of drainback valve, etc etc.

I am sure there are filters that cross with the kubota hydraulic, but I was unable to come up with one. and the way the magnet sits right inside the o-ring, it is like it is made for it. I am pretty sure that kubota doesn't make their own filters, that they have them made for them by some other company. If anyone has any inside information on why makes filters for kubota, that would be interesting to know.

/ Oil Filter Cross Reference
LD

Let's just hope that it does not come back to be Honeywell Industries who make's filters for Kubota.. :)

John