Oil & Fuel Bleeding fuel on a L3830

/ Bleeding fuel on a L3830 #1  

kwtate

I changed the fuel filter on a L3830 and I think I have air in the line. It ran for a short distance and then stop. I may have air in the injector pump. can someone give me the proper proceedure to bleed the fuel system.

/ Bleeding fuel on a L3830 #2  
I just did it today! page 88 of operators manual--Service as required...Bleeding fuel system...Air must be removed,1) open the air vent cock on the fuel injection pump(little twist turn valve in line about a foot to left and up) 2) start the engine and let run for about 30 seconds, and then stop the engine. 3) close the air vent cock.

hope this works

/ Bleeding fuel on a L3830
You said to start the engine. it will not start, does the manual say anything about this being an auto bleeding system. I have read where some other Kubota engines should just turn the key to on and the system will self bleed. Is this the case with the L3830 because I don't see a primer lever anywhere.

/ Bleeding fuel on a L3830 #4  
I changed the fuel filter on a L3830 and I think I have air in the line. It ran for a short distance and then stop. I may have air in the injector pump. can someone give me the proper proceedure to bleed the fuel system.

Sometimes just cranking it for a while works. Crank for a few seconds and rest for a while to not burn things up. It just might work.

got it started. I did open the bleed valve while cranking it and shortly it started, but I am curious about on thing, I did not see any fuel come out of the bleed valve, should I leave it open while running until I see fuel?

/ Bleeding fuel on a L3830 #6  
You can leave it open and run it a while ... you will never see fuel as it is sending it right back to the tank via the fuel return line.. KennyV

/ Bleeding fuel on a L3830 #7  
continued on page 88 of my L3830 manual--

Important:
Always close the air vent cock except for bleeding fuel lines.otherwise , engine runs irregularly or stalls frequently.

I have always changed filter -opened valve to filter, opened air vent cock ,ran for at least 30 seconds, turned off tractor -shut air vent cock- restarted and never had problems.

Thanks everyone for the info it was very helpful