QA bucket for LA504 loader, reduced lift capacity?

/ QA bucket for LA504 loader, reduced lift capacity? #1  

Verticaltrx

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200/L2501/SVL65-2/U35-4, IH 454/656, Ford NAA, Case 1845C/480E/450C LGP
I'm interested in setting my LA504 loader up with quick-attach so I can change between my bucket, and eventually forks, grapple, etc quickly. I would like to go with the Kubota quick attach made for this loader since I wouldn't have to modify my bucket to make it work, but I'm worried about how much further out it puts the attachment over a pin-on setup. Does anyone know exactly how much the Kubota QA coupler for this loader reduces lifting and roll back force?

If it is a significant amount, I'll probably fab up my own coupler of some sort, maybe something similar to what is on our JD4400/430 loader. It's kept in very close to the loader arms and is simple but effective.

As of right now I'm not interested in a skid steer style QA, as I think its a little too big for this tractor. Plus, I'll be building all of my own attachments so I can put what ever kind of mount on them I need.

Any input concerning the lift/roll back force with the Kubota QA would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

/ QA bucket for LA504 loader, reduced lift capacity? #2  
I got my quick attach about a month after the tractor and did not notice a big difference in the amout of lift. I think you will be happy with it.
Rob

/ QA bucket for LA504 loader, reduced lift capacity? #3  
I've got the same QA on a smaller tractor and loader (B2620, 364 loader) and have not noticed any difference since I got it. In fact I even got the larger 60" bucket for light materials but have been picking up heavy,wet snow with it heaped. Another member on here with a b2620 has the QA and forks and in fact says he can now pick up even more weight with the forks than he could with just the original mounted 50" bucket. So with your b3200 and 504 loader you should have no problem, it's an insignificant difference.

Attachments

• IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    886.9 KB · Views: 298
   / QA bucket for LA504 loader, reduced lift capacity? #4  
I have a couple of customers with Kasco SSL couplers on L-series Kubotas. Lift capacity isn't affected much (apparently) but the big gripe is loss of curl force. IIRC, the Kasco puts the cutting edge 8" further away from the pivot pins. Too much of a tradeoff in my book.

/ QA bucket for LA504 loader, reduced lift capacity?
I have a couple of customers with Kasco SSL couplers on L-series Kubotas. Lift capacity isn't affected much (apparently) but the big gripe is loss of curl force. IIRC, the Kasco puts the cutting edge 8" further away from the pivot pins. Too much of a tradeoff in my book.

Yup, its the roll back force that I'm most worried about. I do a lot of digging and grubbing out small brush with this loader, so the more roll back force the better.

Does anyone know exactly how much further out the bucket is (pin to pin) with the QA vs without?

/ QA bucket for LA504 loader, reduced lift capacity? #6  
The Kubota QA is a pin based QA that does not move the bucket away from the tractor. If you use a universal coupler like an ATI you move everything out a few inches and do loose power.

The Kubota QA is a pin based QA that does not move the bucket away from the tractor. If you use a universal coupler like an ATI you move everything out a few inches and do loose power.

It may not move it out as far as a universal coupler, but it definitely moves the bucket away from the loader some. Look at any picture of the Kubota QA and its obvious that the bucket is further out than without the coupler. What I'm trying to determine is how much further out it is exactly, and how much that would decrease roll-back force.

/ QA bucket for LA504 loader, reduced lift capacity? #8  
I'm sorry, your right. There is a small plate that goes between. I don't think you'l find anything published on the difference. I can't say I've seen that for any QA couplers.

/ QA bucket for LA504 loader, reduced lift capacity? #9  
It hasn't affected anything I've been doing, including moving rock and gravel. The rollback force seems the same to me. What are you planning on doing, popping big rocks out of the ground? Not being sarcastic, just asking.

It hasn't affected anything I've been doing, including moving rock and gravel. The rollback force seems the same to me. What are you planning on doing, popping big rocks out of the ground? Not being sarcastic, just asking.

I use it for all sorts of things from pushing out small trees and brush, to doing light excavating, loading manure, moving logs, moving dirt and gravel, etc. I often use the tractor and loader to near its capacity, so I like to keep as much lifting/roll back power on reserve as possible.

I guess I'll go ahead and give the Kubota QA a try, if I have any particularly heavy jobs to do I can always take it off and pin the bucket on.

Thanks for the replies.