Quick disconnect fittings - brass? steel?

/ Quick disconnect fittings - brass? steel? #1  

RobA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HST
I need to buy a quick disconnect fitting. Does it matter if I get steel, brass or stainless?

/ Quick disconnect fittings - brass? steel? #2  
Hmmm...not sure what you mean or where/how the fitting will be used. It is a replacement? Is it for a hydraulic line? Please elaborate.

/ Quick disconnect fittings - brass? steel?
Hydraulic. ISO 7241 Series B. 1/2". I bought a log splitter and had to "borrow" the QD fitting from my backhoe to hook it up since the dealer near me didn't have the right fitting (even though they sold me the tractor with those fittings on it). This would be to replace the fittings on my backhoe.

/ Quick disconnect fittings - brass? steel?
Use brass or stainless,either one......check with www.snap-tite.com,they will have all your needs.
Snap Tite's website says stainless is "Designed for systems which come in contact with corrosive fluids and other corrosive materials". I thought hydraulic fluid is not considered corrosive and would be OK with steel.

/ Quick disconnect fittings - brass? steel? #6  
Depends on what pressure you are operating at and what fluid you are putting through it.

Typical tractor hydraulics use steel. They are rated for the pressure you are operating at and readily available and most dealers and tractor supply houses.

Brass is used for air and water and low presure hydraulics, and some chemicals.

Stainless steel: Higher pressure hydraulics, water, caustic chemicals. Almost always very expensive.

Roy

/ Quick disconnect fittings - brass? steel? #7  
...Does it matter if I get steel, brass or stainless?
All my Kubota quick connectors are Parker 60 Series page here - they are plated steel - not stainless.