B2650 Snowblower PTO

/ B2650 Snowblower PTO #1  

36Tango

I just bought a used B2650 snowblower for my B2400 tractor. It comes with the hydraulic lift and subframe mounts, plus a hydraulic chute direction controller and a hydraulic chute diverter. The one thing that it does not have is the PTO shaft. Anybody out there have one? Any gret secrets that a guy needs to know?
Thanks.

I think that I got a deal. I bought it for $1000 delivered to my warehouse from a Kubota dealer tyhat says that it is in good shape (it came off of a trade in). I will see soon!

/ B2650 Snowblower PTO #2  
I ran a 2650 for years on my B7500. I strongly recommend the following modifications if you want to save yourself some pain! #1 the main drive gear on the shaft leading to the main chain (under the safety plate) is pressed on @ the factory, it will slip/fail under serious load, put a little weld on it. # 2 the white metal cutting edge is a joke, have a welder fabricate a serious hardened steele edge for it and upgrade the mounting hardware. # 3 the driftknives bend very easy, weld a length of flatbar to the outside leading edge of the driftknives, this will make them much stronger and far less likely to bend.