UDT vs. SUDT

/ UDT vs. SUDT #11  
I am new to the tractor world and I am about to do my 50 hrs fluid change on my L3240 and was wondering if you should use Kubota oil and fluid or can you use high quality fluid that meets the specs that Kubota requires.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #12  
I am new to the tractor world and I am about to do my 50 hrs fluid change on my L3240 and was wondering if you should use Kubota oil and fluid or can you use high quality fluid that meets the specs that Kubota requires.

Yes. This will be the most accurate response you will recieve concerning this.:) I would for sure use Kubotas SUDT.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #13  
I have mine serviced at the dealer, but when I was doing my own maintenance, I used Rotella and New Holland as well as Kubota products. I would be comfortable using any good quality lubricant/fluid as long as it meets the requirements outlined in your manual.

I had my son pick up a couple of 5 gallon containers of fluid for my Case this summer and instead of getting it where I normally buy it, he went to the Case Dealership and got Case fluid and I about stroked out when I saw the bill. I can get ARCO for about half the price.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #14  
My L3130 came with NH H/T fluid in it and was very whiney. At first change I put SUDT in it - very much quieter and smoother. We get high summer temperature here and SUDT works better on that end too.

Here is a link for more info

Kubota UDT/SuperUDT Specifications

Vernon

Actually there are some other post though out the tractor forums that show the regular UDT works better in hotter weather then SUDT. I guess the UDT holds its viscosity better at higher temps.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #15  
UDT is for use in places where it never freezez (like where I live). SUDT is the exact same stuff, but with anti-freezing additives, for places where it gets colder than 32F/0C.

Actually there are some other post though out the tractor forums that show the regular UDT works better in hotter weather then SUDT. I guess the UDT holds its viscosity better at higher temps.

Tom_H, I don't know if it is a matter of "additives", rather SUDT is a multi-viscosity fluid to begin with.

Tailrotor, Regular UDT is a higher viscosity fluid. Better at higher temps? I sort of doubt it. The days of "thicker is better" are over. It has been reported that Kubota now fills everything, for all places, with SUDT. FWIW.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #16  
My machine is used much more in hot weather, i use udt.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #17  
Tom_H, I don't know if it is a matter of "additives", rather SUDT is a multi-viscosity fluid to begin with.

Tailrotor, Regular UDT is a higher viscosity fluid. Better at higher temps? I sort of doubt it. The days of "thicker is better" are over. It has been reported that Kubota now fills everything, for all places, with SUDT. FWIW.

SUDT was designed for colder climates and UDT was the standard oil and the S is not for synthetic Sudt is a mineral base oil.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #18  
SUDT was designed for colder climates and UDT was the standard oil and the S is not for synthetic Sudt is a mineral base oil.

This topic is years old here. SUDT was designed for more then a hyd oil if you look into it.

I also do not use it and use Amsoil fluid..

/ UDT vs. SUDT #19  
This topic is years old here. SUDT was designed for more then a hyd oil if you look into it.

I also do not use it and use Amsoil fluid..

Whats the Amsoil equal and how much does it cost? If you don't mind.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #20  
It got down to -5 last night. SUDT is the only hydro oil the dealer recommends for our location.