UDT vs. SUDT

/ UDT vs. SUDT #1  

Kabuki

I'm trying to decide what to use for my 50 hr fluids/filters change on my B2320HSD. What is the difference between the standard UDT hyrd fluid and the 'Super' UDT?? Friction modifier?? The manual seems to suggest that I can use either. My experience has taught me that more expensive is not nessessarily better.
Thanks to all.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #2  
I'm trying to decide what to use for my 50 hr fluids/filters change on my B2320HSD. What is the difference between the standard UDT hyrd fluid and the 'Super' UDT?? Friction modifier?? The manual seems to suggest that I can use either. My experience has taught me that more expensive is not nessessarily better.
Thanks to all.
My experience has taught me that cheaper is rarely less expensive, some times but usually not. I use SUDT in all of mine and the "piece of mind" is worth the difference between the 2 for me since I have very little actual education (knowledge imparted by those who actually know not feeling imparted by those who feel") concerning the true difference between the 2 other than dollars. My dealer recommends SUDT even when he is paying for it.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #3  
Thanks to all.

I have the identical tractor 60 hrs on it. When I did the 50 I used UDT. Wish I had used SUDT. I now have noticable whining in transmission I did not have before. Many here have suggested that is typical with UDT vs SUDT. The only real proof I have is the obvious increase in whining going from factory filled SUDT to owner filled UDT.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #4  
I had the exact same experience as sailorman at the 50hr mark. Switched back to SUDT this fall at the 300hr mark night and day difference. A lot more quieter specially in colder temperatures. And to me the hydraulics seems to work smoother.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #5  
I live where it gets cold so SUDT only for me. I would rather spend a few extra dollars now than a few thousand if something goes wrong.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #7  
My inclination is to go with SUDT as it is not that expensive no more often than you change it.

I can't honestly say that SUDT is "better" for everyone as I used UDT on my other BX for six years and my son in law is now on his second year without problems, but I just feel better with it. I have never used anything but SUDT in my 2660, so I can't compare the two in it.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #8  
Kabuki

As the others say, Super UDT. It has such a low flow rate and is designed for cold temperature use, without sacrificing high temperature protection. It is the more modern, higher tech version, if you will.

You don't say where you are located, but unless you are in AZ, So Cal, or Florida, it is a no brainer. If you operate your tractor in temps below 32F, then SUDT is what you want.

As it is, the warmup time is long on these hydros.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #9  
UDT is for use in places where it never freezez (like where I live). SUDT is the exact same stuff, but with anti-freezing additives, for places where it gets colder than 32F/0C.

/ UDT vs. SUDT #10  
My L3130 came with NH H/T fluid in it and was very whiney. At first change I put SUDT in it - very much quieter and smoother. We get high summer temperature here and SUDT works better on that end too.

Here is a link for more info

Kubota UDT/SuperUDT Specifications

Vernon