Auger Bearing Replacement in BX2750D snowblower

/ Auger Bearing Replacement in BX2750D snowblower #1  

Dunlapjc

Hello everyone,
I'm looking to know if anyone has any experience in how to replace the side auger support bearing in a BX2750 snowblower. One of mine is shot from being damaged, and at first glance it looks like the whole worm gear/fan assembly comes out as one piece.

Has anyone done this repair? If so, how did they do it?

If I'm right that the fan/worm gear assembly and auger all come out the front, how does it realease in the back from the chain drive? Is it as simple as backing out the set screws, sliding off the drive gear and the whole thing slides out? I'm just not sure what holds it all in there.

Thanks,
-Jon

Attachments

• BX2750 Snowblower.jpg
    BX2750 Snowblower.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 3,227
   / Auger Bearing Replacement in BX2750D snowblower #2  
Hello everyone,
I'm looking to know if anyone has any experience in how to replace the side auger support bearing in a BX2750 snowblower. One of mine is shot from being damaged, and at first glance it looks like the whole worm gear/fan assembly comes out as one piece.

Has anyone done this repair? If so, how did they do it?

If I'm right that the fan/worm gear assembly and auger all come out the front, how does it realease in the back from the chain drive? Is it as simple as backing out the set screws, sliding off the drive gear and the whole thing slides out? I'm just not sure what holds it all in there.

Thanks,
-Jon

You pretty much got the idea.

/ Auger Bearing Replacement in BX2750D snowblower #3  
I think the boys have been replacing those without taking it apart that much. Try it with just the center box unbolted and the ends and see if it won't come off.

/ Auger Bearing Replacement in BX2750D snowblower #4  
When item #15 comes off does it uncover a hole that the bearing will fit through? If it does, remove the outer race and bearings and then use a good puller to remove the inner race.

Scott

/ Auger Bearing Replacement in BX2750D snowblower #5  
Looks like a Bervac made for Kubota blower.
If so undoing the 3 bolts that hold the bearing in will release it from the outside.
There will be a camlock type of device on inside to lock the bearing in place, simply back it off a tad to loosen the brg on the shaft.
Easy enough job, all of 20 mins of work if not too rusty.

/ Auger Bearing Replacement in BX2750D snowblower
Hello everyone,
Just to close the loop, the new bearings are on. I never did find a way to release the fan from housing, but I was able to release both sides, create enough play and rotate the gearbox/auger assembly to get the bearing off and replace it.

Thanks everyone. I do appreciate your help. I'm still not sure what the "proper way" to do it is, but I found a way...

-Jon