Parking brake light or buzzer

/ Parking brake light or buzzer #1  

Dennis5

Tractor
John Deere X495, Kubota 2230
I have had several John Deeres with a decent parking brake/warning or display showing the operator that his or her parking brake is on. Not my Bx2230. Maybe the newer ones do. Do they? I am in the process of putting a micro switch and a small flashing light with a parking brale label under it. It seems even with the brake set up the bx has ample power to over ride the brake. What do think? Ever did this. Started mowing grass and relized the brake was on. I think the engineers should rethink this. I've tried contactin them but to no avale. Dennis5

/ Parking brake light or buzzer #2  
I own a 2009 L3400 and I think this is a great idea! I have driven with the parking brake on at least 4 or 5 times..... it makes me sooo mad that I do everything I can to avoid using the brake which at times can be down right dangerous! I also have been considering adding a big red light to inducate when it is engaged. Kubota would be well served to start adding a parking brake indicator on all models. If you undertake this project please provide pics.

/ Parking brake light or buzzer #3  
Neither my 2009 Kubota nor 2007 John Deere have this, but my CX80 has an audible warning and flashing light. My MF 375 might have this feature if any of the electrical system worked...

/ Parking brake light or buzzer #4  
I have had several John Deeres with a decent parking brake/warning or display showing the operator that his or her parking brake is on. Not my Bx2230. Maybe the newer ones do. Do they? I am in the process of putting a micro switch and a small flashing light with a parking brale label under it. It seems even with the brake set up the bx has ample power to over ride the brake. What do think? Ever did this. Started mowing grass and relized the brake was on. I think the engineers should rethink this. I've tried contactin them but to no avale. Dennis5

I drove my B3200 a couple times with the brake on when I first got it so I came up with my own warning system.. Every time I get on the tractor and before I touch any controls, I think of the 2-B's, Brake and Belt. I buckle up and release (or check) the brake, works every time.

/ Parking brake light or buzzer #5  

Unfortunately my B7610 will move quite easily with the parking brake on. I have done this a few times and each time I look down and see the lever locked in I get a feeling sorta like having a rattle snake on the deck! It's just shy of a quick panic, no, it is a panic!
The warning will be my next project as I don't think my heart can take too many more parking brake drive arounds. I have been actually thinking along the lines of a warning light since that horn/buzzer would really have to be quite loud as I always have hearing protection on with that engine up to RPM.

/ Parking brake light or buzzer #6  
On my L4200 there is a switch on the park brake lock lever, it turns on a RED brake light on the information panel. If you are going to try tomount a switch you might check if you can incorporate a switch on the brake lock lever. KennyV

/ Parking brake light or buzzer #7  
On my L4200 there is a switch on the park brake lock lever, it turns on a RED brake light on the information panel. If you are going to try tomount a switch you might check if you can incorporate a switch on the brake lock lever. KennyV

Thank you for the info Kenny. Maybe something like a plunger switch should work fine. For a light I've been thinking something that should be able to get my attention like this.....
Police-lights-749470.jpg

/ Parking brake light or buzzer #8  
I was in with you guys on some former Kubotas. Hated the driving around then realizing the brake was on but my current B3200, F2680 and BX2660 are very noticeable when the brake is on. I also don't rev my tractors all the way up to operating RPM's when I am pulling them out of their storage but I never have. I rev them up to around 1500 RPMs then pull out and if I feel that I'm a bit low I rev more till I get ready to start engaging whatever I'm engaging.

/ Parking brake light or buzzer #9  
I was in with you guys on some former Kubotas. Hated the driving around then realizing the brake was on but my current B3200, F2680 and BX2660 are very noticeable when the brake is on. I also don't rev my tractors all the way up to operating RPM's when I am pulling them out of their storage but I never have. I rev them up to around 1500 RPMs then pull out and if I feel that I'm a bit low I rev more till I get ready to start engaging whatever I'm engaging.

My tractor lives in my workshop on level ground so I never set the brake as having the FEL and box scraper lowered is safe enough. As you do, I only use enough eng rpm's to move the tractor along without loading the eng. The only times I have been bitten by the brake being set is while performing FEL or box scraper work with the eng rpm's ramped up and having to disembark the tractor. I always set the brake at this point because I have a real fear of being run over by my own tractor. History for me indicates that I will forget the brake being set when I'm in a hurry and trying to rush the job.

Whenever I get off the tractor to do something I always think of a phrase I read on this site a long time ago, but I don't remember who said it "No matter what the job is, if you have to get off your tractor to do it, you are doing it wrong"....HA!

/ Parking brake light or buzzer #10  
I drove my B3200 a couple times with the brake on when I first got it...

Did the same and wished for some type of warning like my cars. Soon was a non-issue as I became "programmed" to step on the brake pedal before moving...and set the parking brake every time I get off, since the HST has a tendency to creep when the rocker pedal gets a little sticky...