Snow Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #21  
I also agree that the weight is an issue. I have a 7610 and when I frist got the tractor, I tried to plow the driveway with the rear balde and a clamp on front plow. The R4's would work, but there was some spining ( btw, there are loaded). Took of the rear blade off and put the backhoe back on and you can't stop the front plow now. I bought chains for icy conditions, but havn't needed them this year.

+1.

My B7610 is unstoppable in snow (within reason). That is with loaded R4's, FEL, and a 450 lb snow blower on the 3PH.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #22  
My B2620 is pretty unstoppable with loaded R4 rears and good chains that don't drop between the treads. I have the setup with a 5 foot rear blade (wish it was 6) and 5 foot front bucket. I use various strategies but if it's over a foot I push backwards( yeah, I know about the 3 point arms but I haven't had a problem ) with a load of snow in the bucket. Or I push forward with the loader. I think as people are mentioning you need weight in the form of loaded rear tires if you are using a rear blade or a ballast box if not using a rear blade. Weight and chains are key.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630
Ok so I am confused, we are now at about 50/50 weight vs chains. Anyone know how much loaded tires cost?

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #24  
Chains all around on a Kubota B7100 with turf tires. They worked well in snow and mud. :D:D

Attachments

• making trenches.JPG
    making trenches.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 156
  • tractor chains.JPG
    tractor chains.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 210
   / Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #25  
Ok, here's my update to my previous post. First time out with the blade. Still unstoppable on the flats. No problems with traction at all. The blade doesn't try to steer the tractor, either. On the hills, I need to plow going downhill only. I sandwiched a rubber edge between the blade and cutting edge - works real well on asphalt. When I get the blade off the edge over the grass, it just slides right over the grass without tearing it up.

One issue so far. I initially tried pulling the blade behind me and the rubber won't pick up the mashed down snow from the tire tracks. The snow is pretty wet, and now I have icy tracks. I suspect the bare metal edge would solve this. For round two, I reversed the blade and pushed with no problem at all. I'll just go easy so as not to bend the lift arms, but I don't forsee any real issues.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #26  
I have a B3030 with a 6' front blade, R4s, loaded rears and 2 link v-bar chains on front and back. I had to add wheel spacers on the rears to get clearance for the chains. I would not recommend chains for any paved surface as they are very aggressive and would tear up the pavement. This set up is a beast when it comes to plowing. I plow a mile long very steep gravel road/driveway. I can plow up and down with no problem. If I need extra weight on the back I use a 7' rear blade. This also allows me to cut back the banks if I need to. The key to plowing snow is to not let it get too deep before you begin to plow. Get out early when there are only a few inches and keep at it and you won't have any problems.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #27  
Ok so I am confused, we are now at about 50/50 weight vs chains. Anyone know how much loaded tires cost?

Don't be confused.

You had a number of things working against you. Your tractor, properly equipped, can take care of snow. From many of your posts, there is hint of lack of experience in snow plowing. That's fine. We all learn.

Plowing downhill is always easier than up hill. You found that out on your own.

I doubt you're going to buy a front end loader just to increase weight. But yes, weighting the tires with ballast helps. As I said very early on in this thread, you either need wheel weights or loaded tires to be super efficient in snow. R4s, either loaded or with weights attached do just fine. You didn't mention, but again, you are in 4 WD, right?

Again, chains are super for traction and are cost efficient. Just Google tractor chains and you'll have many things to study.

Finally, trying to bite off 12" of wet snow with a oversized rear blade is too much, chains and/or wheel weighting not withstanding. My guess is that 6" would not nearly be so hard.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630
Yes I am in 4wd and I have also tried with the diff locked, also I know to plow down hill. It is trying to make it back up that is the problem (even with the blade up). Once again this is not a steep incline. I have plowed for years with my Dads compact tractor and never had issues like I am with this one.

/ Suggestions for plowing snow with a B2630 #30  
As stated "Chains". With the right snow conditions like you now have tires don't matter, weight don't matter but studs or chains will help.:D