Is it really Kubota orange?

/ Is it really Kubota orange? #1  

RobB7300

Tractor
Kubota / B7300 / post hole digger / 5ft brush hog / 6ft belly mower / loader / back blade
My used Brush Hog was looking just that, used. My wife had some rusty metal primer left over so I painted it rusty metal primer brown. Well after a few days I decided that just wasn’t going to do. I went to my local parts store hoping to get some Chevrolet Orange mixed up. I have used Chevrolet Orange in a spray can for touch up and it is practically a perfect match. It turns out he didn’t have a mixture formula for Chevrolet Orange, but he did for Kubota Orange. So I got that. Now may be it is because I painted it on verses spraying it on, but it is not Kubota Orange. It is quite a bit brighter. I can live with it since it is just the brush hog, but I’m wondering if any one else has had this experience. Is Chevrolet Orange the only color we can use on our Kubota’s?

/ Is it really Kubota orange? #2  
Do a search in Kubota Owning for Touch-up paint. There is a short thread there by JeffNC posted on 8-27-00 @ 10:44 pm.
Hope it helps

/ Is it really Kubota orange? #3  
I believe you can still get to the archives from the old message board. There were several long threads on matchable Kubota paints, from WalMart, etc.

BobT.

A Indiana Boy

/ Is it really Kubota orange? #4  
Rob, there are two orange colors that Kabuta has used. The older color seems to me to have more yellow in it, as opposed to the brighter orange of the newer tractors. The Kubota dealer has each color in spray cans.

I asked my Kubota parts person when the colors changed, and his answer was "Oh, about four or five years ago".

/ Is it really Kubota orange?
I must have gotten the old color because it is more yellow than orange. Next time I will stick with the Chevrolet Orange. At least the can of spray paint I have is a match. I probably won't have any more big paint projects.

/ Is it really Kubota orange? #6  
Yeah, the new color has more red in it... they must have mixed for the older color, which was brighter, to my eyes anyway. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

msig.gif

/ Is it really Kubota orange? #7  
I seen early Kubota with fiberglass hoods in which the sun faded the paint in couple of years,and you could almost see a yellow tint /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif,and tractor owners were complaining about the two tone color./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
Maybe thats one of the reason why Kubota not useing fiberglass much anymore. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Is it really Kubota orange? #8  
Go to the local building supply center (Lowes, Home Depot etc) and they will match a sample for you and mix the paint. I painted my grading box, blade and trailer and it matched perfectly and the paint only cost 26.00 a gallon in high gloss enamel.......

/ Is it really Kubota orange? #9  
Dupli-Color 1620 Chevrolet engine enamel for older Kubota's.

/ Is it really Kubota orange? #10  
Kubota changes the "orange" from time to time. There is "Kubota orange" and "Kubota Bright Orange 2" I have a two year old B2400. It takes the Bright Orange 2 to match the paint. the "orange is for older models.