BH76 Rubber Inserts

/ BH76 Rubber Inserts #1  

devildog1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's
Hey Guys,
thought I'd throw this out to the Kubota community and see if I can get a line on wanted parts. I'm looking for the rubber inserts that bolt on to the stabilizer metal pads for my BH76. I'm going to have a project in the spring,( If It ever comes) where I'll need to be on my blacktop driveway using the BH. I didn't order them when I purchased TLB, thinking I would not ever be using BH in driveway, well low and behold, I'll be there. I went to one of the dealers on TBN and asked about buying them, and was told that Kubota does not sell the rubber inserts alone:mad:. I would have to buy the whole metal pad with the rubber inserts for about $129.00 each!:mad: Wow, my metal pads are brand spanking new, like never used before and I'm not going to buy new metal pads with rubber inserts.For the life of me I can't understand why Kubota would want to make you pay for something you do not need.:confused: Does anyone know where I can just buy the bolt on rubber pads for my BH76?
Thanks in advance for reply's
DevilDog

/ BH76 Rubber Inserts #2  
I was thinking of making my own using pieces of rubber from tires then bolt them into place. Just have not gotten to that project yet

/ BH76 Rubber Inserts #3  
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know where I can just buy the bolt on rubber pads for my BH76?
Thanks in advance for reply's
DevilDog

I think your dealer was wrong. They are an add on which I ordered when I ordered my B3200 w/BH76 from Barlow. They just bolt through the holes that are already there on the metal shoes. The rubber shoes have the bolts molded into the pads with nuts for the top side and mount in the pre-drilled holes in the metal shoe.

Why in the world would Kubota make you change the whole metal shoe when the rubber wore out, that's why it's there, to wear out so you don't ruin the blaktop. Call Barlow and get them from Brady or Steve. I think (don't hold me to it) that they were $150.00 for both sides, not each. There are two per metal shoe for a total of four.

Since I will be on dirt most of the time I took the rubber ones off (to save them from getting trashed by rocks) and made wooden shoes using 2x4's and carriage bolts. All it takes is 4 pieces of 2x4 cut to about 10.5 inches, set them in the metal shoes and mark the holes through the shoes onto the 2x4, drill them, put 4 carriage bolts (per shoe) tighten and you've got some pretty nice shoes. I even got some longer bolts and stacked two 2x4's per side of the shoe and it really held it up off the concrete. Works pretty good but after a while of hard use the 2x4 shred (if you pull to hard and the shoes drag on the pavement) but if you could get some good oak 2x4's they would probably hold up much longer.

Hope this helps.

/ BH76 Rubber Inserts
Chris & keyman, thanks for the response. Just for the heck of It I logged on to my e-bay account and did a quick search, amazing results, found one brand new pair of rubber Kubota pads. They were the exact match for my B3200, BH76 stabilizer metal pads, and the best part is that I bought them for $19.95! I had the dealer check price twice,and I was told metal pad and rubber pad is what Kubota sold. Funny thing this I want to believe this dealer as he is a frequent responder to many of our threads. Oh well, rubber pads on on there way.
DevilDog

/ BH76 Rubber Inserts #5  
Funny thing this I want to believe this dealer as he is a frequent responder to many of our threads. Oh well, rubber pads on on there way. DevilDog

Just for the heck of it check the metal shoes on your rig and see if they are pre-drilled with 4 holes per shoe. If so then they are made for adding the rubber pads. See the parts manual pic attached, shown drilled with 4 holes from factory.

Glad you found them on eBay

Attachments

• pad.jpg
    pad.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 487
   / BH76 Rubber Inserts
Just for the heck of it check the metal shoes on your rig and see if they are pre-drilled with 4 holes per shoe. If so then they are made for adding the rubber pads. See the parts manual pic attached, shown drilled with 4 holes from factory.

Glad you found them on eBay
Hey Chris,
Yes I checked them before I bought the rubber pads on e-bay, the pre-drilled holes on my metal pads are 8" on centers. The rubber pads measure 4"X12" That's the info that the e-bay seller posted. But as I said the two dealers that I contacted stated, that Kubota only allows them to sell metal pads along with rubber inserts together, at a cost of $129.00 each. Now maybe when I ordered my new TLB I could have had them as an option for a few $$ more, but It would be hard for me to believe It would be less then the $19.95 I payed for the pair. Chris, Nice talking to you. Enjoy your B3200, I just think mine is a real great sized tractor.
DevilDog

/ BH76 Rubber Inserts
Oh,
Forgot to add the the seller on e-bay was also a Kubota Dealer from Indianapolis, IN.
Makes you wonder why the other Kubota Dealers wanted to only sell me metal pads and rubber inserts together? Go figure.
DevilDog

/ BH76 Rubber Inserts #8  
Devildog do you got the user id. At that price I'll just order a set

/ BH76 Rubber Inserts #9  
I just installed them on my BH76. I bought them from my dealer...Barlows and paid $165 freight included...but it also included a can of grey spray paint to repaint my "Brand New rusted 3-point hitch arms!" on my 3030. I'm not sure how much the paint was...not much I don't figure.

The only problem I see is that the mud and dirt will cake up in between the rubber feet and stay there probably. I wish the rubber feet covered the entire distance from side to side...for a flat surface.

I still think they will work out nice to keep the feet from getting too banged up. If you need pics, let me know.

/ BH76 Rubber Inserts #10  
Think last night saw another set on e-bay from same guy. If remember right said he was trying to clean out older stuff. Had a b3030 rear wipper and a bx-1850 cruise control. Glad the OP won saw on e-bay then couldn't find this thread 2 let him know.