REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES

/ REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
I sent Kubota Corp an email requesting a plain answer concerning the need or lack of need for first 50 hour change of SUDT fluids in my specific tractors, being a BX2660, a BX25 and a F2680E. Looks like I reached a plain talker and here is the response from Kubota.

John, the person or persons from TBN do not know what they are talking about. There has not been a Service Bulletin or even a notice sent to the dealers that this is a mistake in the Operators manual. Kubota Tractor recommends for you to follow your Operators manuals for servicing of each unit you have.
The BX2660 and the BX25 do not have to have the transmission
fluid change until it reaches the 400 hour mark.

For the F2680, it is the 200 hour mark. The transmission oil filters need to be replaced and the suction strainers cleaned at or before the 50 hour mark for all three units.
Your selling dealer can also assist you if you have any questions in
regard to servicing your tractors. Thank you for purchasing and contacting
Kubota Tractor Corp..

/ REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES #2  
I agree: Follow your owner's manual for the specific equipment that you own.
Every tractor is different. There is no "Universal" maintanance schedule.
Thanks, JOHNTHOMAS :D

/ REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES #3  
Thanks for clearing that up though I am sure there will continue to be those who will disagree.

/ REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES
Now that I know I'm not going to change fluids pretty soon, I need the cork stopping story and the vacuum story and I think there may have been others of how to not lose the fluid when doing screen cleaning. Should have paid better attention when they were posted but figured it didn't apply to me so I didn't save the details, just the highlights. Now need details.:)

/ REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES #5  
Hey guys, I own the L3400 and my owners manual agrees with what Kubota said. I do not have to change the fluid at 50 hours just the filter!!! Thanks JohnThomas! :)

/ REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES #6  
Hey guys, I own the L3400 and my owners manual agrees with what Kubota said. I do not have to change the fluid at 50 hours just the filter!!! Thanks JohnThomas! :)

I don't know if you have an HST or not.

My L3400HST requires tranny fluid and filter at 50 hours. I attached a scan of my L3400 manual. After the first 50 the filters are at 200 and fluid at 400. I got mine in 2005, maybe they changed the manuals.

Attachments

• L3400 Maint.jpg
    L3400 Maint.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,853
   / REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES #7  
"For the F2680, it is the 200 hour mark."

What model is Kubota speaking about? Is it a tractor?

/ REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES #8  
I don't know if you have an HST or not.

My L3400HST requires tranny fluid and filter at 50 hours. I attached a scan of my L3400 manual. After the first 50 the filters are at 200 and fluid at 400. I got mine in 2005, maybe they changed the manuals.

Just when I think I get it all figured out!!! I do have a HST and I wish I could scan my manual but on page 44 (MAINTENANCE) Transmission oil change 400hours. On Page 43 Engine oil, Engine oil filter, Transmission oil filter (HST) @ 50 hours and back to page 43 Hydraulic oil filter @ 50.:confused:
My manual code No.TC223-1971-1 What the Heck???? I guess I will just follow MY manual and see what happens.

/ REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES #9  

I have a B3200 and the manual says the hydraulic fluid does not have to be changed until 400 hours (just like your manual). It also says to just change the filter. After looking at the situation and calling Barlow questioning this method I wrote to Kubota Tech Support (through the Kubota web site) asking how you could change just the filter when the filter sits at the bottom of the pan and all fluid would leak out if you pulled the filter without draining it first.

I got a very quick direct phone call back from a Tech telling me the manual was WRONG and the Oil and Hydraulic fluids needed to be changed, filter changed and screen pulled and cleaned and that YES the fluid would all drain out if you pulled the filter before draining the pan.

Take this for what it is worth but that is what I was told.. so rather than taking any chances I changed all fluids and filters, now I don't have to worry for another 350 hours. Now that it is done, a few dollars for fluids and a few hours time lets me sleep better at night.

/ REPLY FROM KUBOTA CONCERNING 50 HOUR FLUID CHANGES #10  
I'd have to go check my manual, but I'm almost positive that my BX2350 says change the hydraulic fluid and filter at 50 hours, but doesn't say a thing about cleaning the hst strainer until later. I checked the manual and it does say hst fluid and filter at 50 hours and clean the strainer at 300 hours. No wonder there is a little confusion, they have changed it over the years.