Work light wiring question

/ Work light wiring question #1  

shine

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I got me a couple of 35W HID work lights one for faceing foward on the rops and one faceing rearward behind the seat on the standard work light location,on my B2710. I want to have two switches off the factory work light wire thats behind the seat. Is it OK to split the wire by soldering two wires on the one hot wire going to each switch or do I need to do something differnt?

/ Work light wiring question #2  
Soldering will make a good connection, cover the splice with heat shrink tubing w/ a dab of silicone in it.
Will the circuit you are taping into handle the load of 2 lights?

E/S

/ Work light wiring question
I think so looks like 14 gauge wire with a 20 amp fuse.

/ Work light wiring question #4  
From what I have been reading on the ATV/UTV forums I would go to battery, while the HID is 35W they take a big surge when they turn on .

David Kb7uns

/ Work light wiring question
From what I have been reading on the ATV/UTV forums I would go to battery, while the HID is 35W they take a big surge when they turn on .

David Kb7uns

Thanks for the advice. Thats what I did.
Wow do these HIDs put out some serious light.

/ Work light wiring question #6  
I ran a wire from battery back to an area under a cowling near the seat. to a relay. From the relay to a terminal block which merely served as a place to connect the power to the lights I installed. I ran power to the relay from the connector for the rear lights. I installed a switch in that circuit so I could control the relay with a switch and thus when power was supplied to the light. There are some other posts on the forum concerning this approach.